Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: When do move up from NL25?

I'm curious - how long does it take you guys to play 10k hands?
Old 07-07-2007, 09:30 PM

Default Re: dumb question - what is PT in PTBB?

ive got 80 buys ins for 20nl and 32 buy ins for 50nl...but im still scared to move up...50nl is retarded...I rather plat 100nl than 50nl...think ill be nitty and go to 50nl at 40 buy ins
Old 07-07-2007, 10:40 PM

I didnt read even the OP in this thread...but move up as soon as you can beat NL25...even if you only have $500. If you lose 2 stacks or whatever move back down, rinse and repeat. First off, 50NL is ridiculously easy, and secondly you'll beat NL25 even better after moving up then down...any decent 25NL player is losing massive amounts of money (to them) by practicing good BR management at that level. BR management is much more important at levels that actually have good deals of variance (ie, 100+...and even then it may start at 200NL)
Old 07-07-2007, 11:07 PM

50nl is supereasy. Everyone is superpassive and there are like almost no solid players.

100nl is an entirely different story. Solid regs everywhere and a lot of players who give you headache because they float a ton and they are very aggro.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
50nl is supereasy. Everyone is superpassive and there are like almost no solid players.

100nl is an entirely different story. Solid regs everywhere and a lot of players who give you headache because they float a ton and they are very aggro.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, better to play two tables of $50 than one of $100?
Old 07-07-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didnt read even the OP in this thread...but move up as soon as you can beat NL25...even if you only have $500. If you lose 2 stacks or whatever move back down, rinse and repeat. First off, 50NL is ridiculously easy, and secondly you'll beat NL25 even better after moving up then down...any decent 25NL player is losing massive amounts of money (to them) by practicing good BR management at that level. BR management is much more important at levels that actually have good deals of variance (ie, 100+...and even then it may start at 200NL)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely, just take shots with a small bankroll if you're beating 25nl for a nice winrate. The play isn't much better (if at all, maybe just tighter), and you'll get paid off by a lot of hands still.

If you're staying at nl25 to get a huge amount of buyins so you don't go bust, just stop and think - people move up with 20 buyins to nl400 (some do, I don't think it's right) and there is SICK variance there. The variance at nl50 is not gonna be very apparent and the only way you SHOULD lose at nl50 is because you get KK v AA 15 times in a session.

That's a bit much, but anyone that actively reads the 2+2 forums and posts hands should be able to beat nl50, and if they can't, they're not reading good enough.