Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 05:47 AM

Default Re: OK, Here\'s The Truth

[ QUOTE ]
There's no chance that David didn't see Brandi for exactly who she was right off the bat. It's a simple application of Bayes Theorem. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, there's an extremely high probability it was a duck to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. (ie Bayes Theorem doesn't apply here.)

Really, if you're gonan come up with conspiracy theories, at least put more effort or try to do it on freakin' worthwhile subjects or something more interesting or ANYTHING for god's sake.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I made this as a easter um present for you David. But I was so disgusted with myself for creating it I decided you didn't deserve to be insulted so harshly and I never posted it. I have changed my mind. Skim this.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, Stuey, that's uh.... good work. Quite an effective piece of artwork.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:08 AM

Default Re: Brandi dramabomb puzzle

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This have not got enough NVG love. One of the most awesome things, I have ever seen in here! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2007, 08:45 AM

Just pushing up the over/under for responses.

over ftw.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This have not got enough NVG love. One of the most awesome things, I have ever seen in here! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone post the damn thing solved!
Old 06-14-2007, 11:12 AM

9 Down is a misleading clue because the underscores make it look like a fill-in-the-blank. Should probably read "No f-s, cans, or butts" instead.

I did an OOT crossword for my 1k post. In that thread people posted images of partial solutions until it was finished.

I have a solution image and was planning on posting a link to it later today or tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Newhouse says:
[ QUOTE ]
if she clears up this problem with me it will be good for her in the long run
...once she pays me, i will sort of treat her like she dosent exist, i want absolutely nothing to do with her other than what she owes me

[/ QUOTE ]

Brandi says:
[ QUOTE ]

As for Newhouse, it has circulated back to me that he has no intention of working out any kind of deal or taking any money from me....
I am trying to do the right thing here and reach some kind of a compromise. Since that cannot be done...

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone involved in the lending business should take note here. This is a classic example of somehow who has no intention of paying their debts.

They will block, distort, and delete all reasonable arguments, and continue to rationalize their poor behavior to themselves and anyone stupid enough to listen.

When I see this type, and hear the first ridiculous argument, I immediately know they have no intention to pay despite what they say. If the money is to be returned, it won't be voluntarily.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont understand the pt. Newhouse has zero recourse. SHe says he let her use the acct. He admits he did, but not at the stakes she allegedly played. He stayed friendly with her for weeks after. Then he gets all pissy cause she doesnt put out. She now offered to pay him 8k to drop the whole thing. This is 8k more than any court would award him. And he says he will take the money but not absolve the debt. So if you were her, you would pay here? for realz?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dood just shut up, PLEASE. PLEASE. The mets SUCK.

And since it seems like you're wondering, she will never put out for you that's for sure. PLEASE shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]

ooh the mets suck. Awesome comeback. Ooh she will never put out for me. Like i ever said she would. Newhizzle is the one who is upset she never put out for him.

Again, the money was lost and he stayed friendly with her. She stayed in his room still. Then, when she didnt put out, he cried that she owes him 30k.

She legally owes him ZERO. If he felt she legally owed him moeny, he would have taken her to court already. If someone owed me 30k believe me i would have sued within days. All I was saying is that if he had any brains he should have taken the 8k offer. Cause he is going to get zero

By the way, even with the Mets horrible slump, they are still in first place. So if by sucks you mean favorite to represent the national league in the world series, then yes you are correct
Old 06-14-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I may be in the minority here, but I think speculating about the girl's potential experience with physical or sexual abuse as a child is way over the line, even for NVG.

[/ QUOTE ]

way over. and Sklansky is responsible for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

She never told me about childhood problems of anywhere near that magnitude. I should have realized it might have been taken that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm. Ok considering she's been known to disclose these issues with people even upon first encounters (keep in mind these are people who are nowhere near as close to her as u are David), and given that to anyone with half a brain these issues would help explain many of her actions (too many to really recount here, i.e. threatening suicide, writing blood on the wall, etc.), i'm gonna call bullsh#@ on ur denial of knowing these things.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:24 PM

Legally and ethically are two different stories.

Does she legally owe him 30K? I'm not a lawyer but probably not. Does she ethically/morally owe him 30K? Absolutely.

Just because you can get away with something due to the legal presumption of innocence or an obscure loophole or something, doesn't make it an ok thing to do.

Nobody is holding Newhouse as a saint in all this either. It's clearly very foolish to allow anyone you don't fully know or trust access to large sums of your money and yes the speculation he was doing this in hopes of sexual favors is probably true, but just because he was hoping to score doesn't make it ok to screw him over on his money. If her reputation meant anything to her she'd pay him back.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:30 PM

It seems to me a strange thing, mystifying
That a man like you, can waste his time - on women of her kind.
Yes I can understand that she amuses,
But to let her kiss you, stroke your hair, that's hardly in your line.
It's not that I object to her profession,
But she doesn't fit in well with what you teach and say.
It doesn't help us if you're inconsistent-
They only need a small excuse to put us all away.