Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Best way to prep for the GMAT?

Hey, I'm going to be taking the GMATs some time before 2008, and was just curious which would be the best way to go about prepping. I'm apparently at a big advantage since I just took the LSAT and did pretty well, since Logic Reasoning and Reading Comp are also two huge parts of the GMAT.

Any other prep books that are especially good? Like I would never have heard of Testmasters/ Powerscore without this site, so any help I would greatly appreciate.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Best way to prep for the GMAT?

If you already feel comfortable with the analytical writing and verbal sections, then you can focus your energy on the quant section. Keep in mind that the quant section for the GMAT is a good deal more difficult than for the GRE. So you'll want to study hard for that.

I like the Princeton Review books, but if you think you need more help, you should probably take a prep course. It's costly, but worth it.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Best way to prep for the GMAT?

Nah I can't take a prep course for work reasons, but I'm beginning to realize that the math is quite a bit harder. I thought it would be a cake walk with a 750 SAT, and 790 GRE math, but oh well I can always relearn triangles.

Verbal is not too bad at all, I took one of the CATs and for those 2 parts it's a dumbed down version of the LSAT.