Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Best 2/4 games
Stars 5 31.25%
Party 3 18.75%
Full Tilt 5 31.25%
UB 0 0%
Other 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: I DESERVE RESPECT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shoe I've got a stock that's outpaced any of yours within the past 2 months, and is going to double over the next year. Can you guess what it is?

[/ QUOTE ]

LUCK

[/ QUOTE ]

if that is the ticker symbol of a stock, then your post is hilarious.

Barron
Old 10-15-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its not really his birthday, he just changes it every day cause he thinks it looks like a crown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you like leveling us here? We know this about shoe, he is a total tool because of stuff like that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its not really his birthday, he just changes it every day cause he thinks it looks like a crown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you like leveling us here? We know this about shoe, he is a total tool because of stuff like that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Call me what you want, but I'll be laughing all the way to the bank as my stocks outperform yours year after year. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, and the cake is my crown!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Call me what you want, but I'll be laughing all the way to the bank as my stocks outperform yours year after year. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, and the cake is my crown!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you've given up on this:-

[ QUOTE ]
I agree, and after this post I am done responding to any negativivity. The only thing that will speak for myself after this thread will be my results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Discipline, Shoe.

(happy birthday)
Old 10-16-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shoe I've got a stock that's outpaced any of yours within the past 2 months, and is going to double over the next year. Can you guess what it is?

[/ QUOTE ]

LUCK

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha this is really funny because you actually got the first 2 letters of the ticker symbol right. Up 9% today too, weeeeeeeeeeeeee [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2007, 01:18 PM

make that 19%
Old 10-16-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pro,

Why was it down significantly in '06 and basically flat in the past 2-3 years? How does what you described fit into the price action in past 5+ years?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is some info. I got from my buddy who uses their programs:

"Yeah, they also own a little drawing program called AutoCad which every company must update when they release a new version and they must also register AutoCad for each computer. So they sorta have the firms in a position where they have to continue to use their product. They own other programs as well- I’m sure we can find a complete list. Autodesk then decided to buy out Revit from a small company that created it because Autodesk is the bigger company and could do it. So in a way they made an investment in this program. On our project we use this program, the structural engineer, and the contractor/ estimator are currently using it to get sq footage estimates. DO YOU BELIEVE IN BUIDING INFORMATION MODELING as the future way that projects are done to be more efficient and easily coordinated between all the trades. It is a lot quicker than the old days because everything can happen simultaneously but it still needs to grow and be refined."

Not sure if that helps or not but those are his practical thoughts on the company. I was not aware they owned AutoCAD. I thought they merely owned Revit, which should be replacing AutoCAD, but turns out they own both. Not sure if this would hurt them any? One of their products, which is already fully saturated in the market, is (speculatively) being replaced by another of their (better, more efficient) products.

Hmmmm....thoughts?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:07 PM

the key words were, "after this thread"
Old 10-16-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't planning on posting in this thread. I felt that OP was a terrible investor based on any of the analysis he provided (not a single bit of it had value), but I figured let him enjoy his recent success a little bit. After constantly being reminded of his arrogance / igorance with his countless annoying posts, I feel obliged to say something.

1. You've had short-term success COMPLETELY based on luck.

2. Your analysis is deplorable and absolutely nothing more insightful than ANY sell-side or buy-side analyst already out there.

3. I GUARANTEE that you will fail miserably over the next 3 years.

4. I'm willing to make a large bet on this.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't planning on posting in this thread. I felt that OP was a terrible investor based on any of the analysis he provided (not a single bit of it had value), but I figured let him enjoy his recent success a little bit. After constantly being reminded of his arrogance / igorance with his countless annoying posts, I feel obliged to say something.

1. You've had short-term success COMPLETELY based on luck.

2. Your analysis is deplorable and absolutely nothing more insightful than ANY sell-side or buy-side analyst already out there.

3. I GUARANTEE that you will fail miserably over the next 3 years.

4. I'm willing to make a large bet on this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Shoe,

I think he wants investments for rolls.