Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 03:11 AM

Default Beat: Shaw Cable Customer Service

Approx 2 weeks ago I called Shaw Cable to connect digital cable. I already have a home phone with Shaw as well as cable internet.

An appointment was made for Sept 10 between 5pm-7pm as I work 8am-4:30pm I'm chillin at home last night, I get a call at 6:30pm, "Hi it's Mitch from Shaw, we couldn't install your cable."

Long story short, Shaw blamed my building manager. Shaw asked me to call my building manager and try make arrangements, this pissed me off. I kindly asked "Can you have this installed by tomorrow at the absolute latest?" Shaw says no guarantees,we will do our best.

12:30pm Today: I call Shaw to find out what is going on. The CSR puts me on hold, I wait on hold for approx 17 minutes, I decide to hang up as the CSR has not come back at all to say "..still looking into this for you," not a single update.

5:00pm Come home, receive a voicemail, "Hi it's Shaw, your cable is set to go. Please install your digital box and call us if you have any problems. WOOT! I install it, it does not work. I reseat all of my cables (coax, video cables, etc) power cycle my dig box and tv, still nothing.

5:20ish I call Shaw, wait maybe 5 minutes to talk with a CSR. I get someone on the line who walks me through some troubleshooting steps. The call gets disconnected. I wait 5-10 minutes, she did not call back? Hmm..I call shaw again.

6:00ish Longer wait this time, I briefly decribe "I'm a little frustrated, my previous call was disconnected, I did not get a call back. Here is my home #, here is my cell #, please call me if we get disconnected, she agrees. After maybe 30 minutes of troubleshooting, we get it fixed. YAY! I ask to speak with a supervisor because the 17 minute hold was b.s. i should have been refreshed or at least receive, "hey it's going to be a while, can we call you back?" i'm also upset about getting disconnected, no call back, and had to call back and wait to get through the line. The CSR tells me "17 minutes is not that long for a hold time. Sometimes it's longer." I ask, "Why wasn't I told that earlier?" She responds, "Sometimes it's just a few seconds, other times it's a few minutes, but in your case it was longer than that."

the girl says something to the effect of, "I can see you've been through a lot in the last 2 days, let me see what I can do, I want to help." 30 seconds later my call gets disconnected. NO BIG DEAL, she has my call back numbers. I wait 15 minutes, [censored] THIS! I call back.

The wait time was close to 15 minutes to get through to a CSR. I explain to the rep, "hey i'm frustrated, i'd like to speak with a supervisor." all the while i remain calm and collected. she says "oh i can see we were going to give you an extended preview of all the channels. we can extend that for another month (end of october). Basically I'm offered two months of "free" movie channels, sports channels, etc. I tell her "hey i really appreciate that and i'd be glad to take you on that offer. I just want to talk with a supervisor because I'm concerned about the customer service I received today."

She says she will write an e-mail to all of her supervisors and tells me I will hear from a supervisor within 48 hours.

If I can get more than the two "free" months of movie channels, etc, hey that would be great. I feel I'm entitled to more, maybe a free month of internet, phone and digital cable. SHould I ask for more? Am I a nite for wanting more?
Old 09-12-2007, 03:15 AM

Default Re: Beat: Shaw Cable Customer Service

tl dr
Old 09-12-2007, 03:22 AM

this isn't the [censored] lounge retard
Old 09-12-2007, 03:28 AM

BORING
Old 09-12-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Long story short,

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-12-2007, 03:35 AM

I got to the end and I was like omg I just read all that. Welcome to every company ever, stfu.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:29 AM

gtfo

to be used in a sentence:
(g)et (t)he (f)uck (o)uta