Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]
would he 2 barrel with AK here?

[/ QUOTE ]
My best guess is no.

[ QUOTE ]
would he call a bet here with Ace high?

[/ QUOTE ]
The river? I don't think so if the bet is big enough.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:17 AM

karp,

looks fine to me. your analysis is that:
a) you're probably behind
and
b) villain won't fold

seems like a good reason to check/call it as long as you're gettingg the right implied odds. i'm not convinced this is right against someone that passive, but it is only likely to be fairly marginal anyway.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not convinced this is right against someone that passive

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2007, 10:53 AM

does he really check the river here with an overpair?
i think you can try to steal on the river, but before then, i think i like just calling against this particular villian
Old 08-16-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i think you can try to steal on the river, but before then, i think i like just calling against this particular villian

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a bit results oriented or you're reading the (manually converted, sorry) HH wrong
Old 08-16-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a bit results oriented or you're reading the (manually converted, sorry) HH wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

my mistake, i thought you checked behind on the river, this is finely played IMO vs. this villian
Old 08-16-2007, 02:09 PM

Karp, I like the way you played the hand fine. He underbet the turn and gave you odds to call for sure. I don't think he calls a huge river bet if you hit the spade, but big enough that the call is profitable.

His numbers aren't crazy so he might be able to fold an overpair to enough pressure, plus you might hit - and Manchild was talking about bluffing, so I was wondering what might happen if he made a bigger bet on the turn.

I also changed the suit of the turn to make for more scare cards on the river.

[ QUOTE ]

23/4/1 so far mini 3bets have been TT+. Though he always mini 3bets so there might be some other hands in his range aswell.

Seat 1: SKYLARKNOC ( $74.30 )
Seat 3: aasboe ( $51.55 )
Seat 6: Momp ( $48.40 )
Seat 8: MsHollyGolightly ( $49.25 )
Seat 10: Firetribe ( $77.74 )
aasboe posts Small Blind $0.25
Momp posts Big Blind $0.50

Dealing cards
Your cards K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [Firetribe]
MsHollyGolightly folds
Firetribe raises $1.75
SKYLARKNOC raises $3
aasboe folds
Momp calls $2.50
Firetribe calls $1.25

Dealing Flop 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Momp checks
Firetribe checks
SKYLARKNOC bets $7
Momp folds
Firetribe calls $7

Dealing Turn 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Firetribe checks
SKYLARKNOC bets $20
Firetribe calls $20

Dealing River 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Firetribe ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against this opponent can you call this turn and then push any diamond or card that hits a straight (or maybe any card at all) or value bet a spade?

The bluff by itself might be a little unprofitable and chasing by itself might be a little unprofitable, but could they be profitable when put together?
Old 08-16-2007, 02:25 PM

micro,

Seems like it might be thin unless you think this is the right opponent to do so vs. Seems Karp is calling down b/c villian has a calling river hand a large % of the time. I doubt this type of villian folds diamond rivers or str8 rivers, just perhaps spade rivers....and this kills the value of your line.

I do think it can work vs. a type of opponent that you think is capable of folding to strength on the river.

Yugoslav
Old 08-16-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
micro,

Seems like it might be thin unless you think this is the right opponent to do so vs. Seems Karp is calling down b/c villian has a calling river hand a large % of the time. I doubt this type of villian folds diamond rivers or str8 rivers, just perhaps spade rivers....and this kills the value of your line.

I do think it can work vs. a type of opponent that you think is capable of folding to strength on the river.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right. Villian is a little passive and his betting probably means too strong of a hand to fold. I wouldn't really try to bluff someone off of an overpair, though I probably don't bluff enough in general. Still, under this scenerio he doesn't have to fold to the bluff a huge percentage of the time and 23/4 is somewhere near a thinking player and maybe even a little bit of a scared player. And, it's hard in general to get and use a read that people fold decent hands to big bets, cause they don't necessarily do it the second time.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:07 AM

K, so I only called pf because I had reraised him 3 out of the last 4 times and I didn't want to make it such a big pot if he was going to stick around, plus I felt I could get him to do a lot of betting if an A or Q flopped.

So do I bet this river?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($4.85)
Button ($47.15)
SB ($8)
Hero ($43.30)
UTG ($26.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.75.

Turn: ($5.60) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $6.5</font>, Hero calls $6.50.

River: ($18.60) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ???

I know I should've raised at some point, probably the turn, but I don't have that big of a set yet [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]