Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 12:25 PM

Default NL50 PF: QQ vs 4bet

villain is 15/13 over 85 hands. i put him on a test for KK/AA before the flop.

Party Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $44
BB: $59.42
UTG: $50.25
CO: $66.94
Hero (BTN): $111.89

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $15</font>, Hero folds

Results: $10.75 Pot

good line, or better just call and see a flop?
Old 11-05-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: NL50 PF: QQ vs 4bet

no you want to 3bet here, just make it atleast $6. I also fold to the 4bet without reads.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:44 PM

Definite 3-bet preflop, but make it bigger, something like 7.
As played it depends on how you've been playing. If you have a tight image, I think folding is good. Aggression factor on villain?
Old 11-05-2007, 01:16 PM

Grunch. I raise to 7-9 (opponent dependent) or call.

Whether I call or raise depends on my opp. With a 13% PFR, he's raising all his PP's and AK,AQ and probably AJs, KQ/KQs. If he's raising with smaller PP's, I want to deny him implied odds for his set by re-raising. If he just calls (and I know that he folds his set-mining hands) then I can put him pretty much on AK. If he incorrectly calls the re-raises with any PP, then at least I've denied him odds and can get it all in on any non AK flop.

If I'm thinking about just calling, it would be only to mix up my play against a thinking opponent. The main problem with just calling here though is that blinds (if loose) may come along for the ride, making it a bit tougher to play your hand depending on the board (but increasing your payout for flopping a set). Raising here and getting heads-up in position is a great result.

When you raise to 7-9, if he can still come over the top to $21 or more, it is easy to let your hand go (unless you know him to 4-bet light which is unlikely at this level).

The other question would be if you had been 3-betting liberally against this opponent (or anyone else) during the session. I will get 4-bet lighter (like AK, AQs, JJ) if I've been 3-betting light.

The short though is, raise a little more and then fold to the shove against a straightforward tag.

I personally prefer the aggressive line of raising vs calling pre-flop.