Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 03:11 PM

Default Re: *** Official Arbitrage Posting Thread : 11/06 - 11/12 ***

[ QUOTE ]
chachi,

If you are worried about competition in arbing its probably because you suck at arbing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
perhaps this forum isn't for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

kthxbye.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:36 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

NCAAF

Pinn: Louisville -7 @ +108
SIA: Rutgers +7 @ -105 ($550 max?)
Old 11-07-2006, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

NCAAF

Pinn: Louisville -7 @ +108
SIA: Rutgers +7 @ -105 ($550 max?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the middle more profitable with Lville -6.5 -103 ?
Old 11-07-2006, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Homer, I know you're in a different boat than the rest here. Creating sports bettors could result in some some fairly passive long term income for you, so I understand why you're sharing the arb info. You should know that by cultivating new arbers you are also alienating established high volume arbers who would have used your links but are now staying away from your site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey hogua,

Maybe if select members of your own group didn't go out of there way to hide things from people, things would of turned a little diffferently.

These established long-term arbers already alienated everyone else from their group, why should anyone give 2 [censored] about them now?
Old 11-07-2006, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the middle more profitable with Lville -6.5 -103 ?

[/ QUOTE ]
if you assume 6% push on the spread of 7 like on NFL (college may be slightly higher or lower), then going for the side is slightly better.

as a straight arb you are looking at a guaranteed profit of +1.5c. the side on 7 will pay +100c about 6% of the time, subtracted by a loss of -4c the other 94% of the time, which results in a net EV of +2.24c.

selling back points to pinnacle as an arb almost always costs you some return, especially around key numbers where they charge a higher premium than other sites.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you understand the purpose of this forum in general? People come on this site and help each other get better at poker even though that may help make their competition better down the road. If you don't like that concept, perhaps this forum isn't for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a difference. Creating better poker players helps to create games as winners play more often, which help to bring new players to poker. The more games there are, the better chance a new player has to finding his/her way to a game. So by making players better, estabilshed players give up some marketshare, but, in doing so, they make the whole market larger.

Arbing is different. Arbs exist because markets are inefficient. The more people there are looking for arbs, the more efficient the markets become. By helping others arb better, existing arbers reduce their market share and reduce the size of the market as well.

To Homer's point, the nmore people that use arbs to clear bonuses, the more money books give out. Eventually, this will lead to a reduction in bonuses and/or worse terms for the bonuses that do exist.

Also, the profit from arbs comes out of the pocket of the books. The more money arbers make, the higher the chances of books loosing money and maybe even going out of business. This too reduces the size of the market. I admit, this argument is a bit of a reach, but it is still valid.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Homer, I know you're in a different boat than the rest here. Creating sports bettors could result in some some fairly passive long term income for you, so I understand why you're sharing the arb info.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have always been willing to share, even when there was no potential for me to profit.

[ QUOTE ]
You should know that by cultivating new arbers you are also alienating established high volume arbers who would have used your links but are now staying away from your site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am aware how certain people feel about me, and can live with them not joining my site. To each his own.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should know that by cultivating new arbers you are also alienating established high volume arbers who would have used your links but are now staying away from your site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should also point out that I care not what these "high volume" players think, because (for the most part) instead of taking the high road and voicing their opinions in an adult manner, they chose to bash me behind my back when I have never been anything but civil and willing to do what I could to help these people make money.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:23 PM

In case someone missed my edit to the OP:

This discussion is certainly fine to have, but certainly shouldn't occur in the weekly arb posting thread.

Ripped the thread out to its own. Unfortunately can't do so on a post-by-post basis, so there are stragglers here that I reposted manually in the official arb posting thread.