TAM +3
Virginia -3

Leaning:

V Tech -3
Clemson -3.5
Fresno +3.5
Oregon St -13
Kentucky -13.5

If they move up...Penn St & USC(cmon guys hit Oregon HARD)
Old 10-21-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Week 9 Early NCAA Lines

[ QUOTE ]
When is the last time USC was a Dog???

[/ QUOTE ]

at #6 Auburn the first game of 2003

#8 USC won 23-0
Old 10-21-2007, 11:21 PM

Bet:
Virgina Tech -3, 2u
Kansas -2, 1u
Oregon -2.5, 1u

Prolly add some more later, comfortable now to bet 3-5 games a week.

YTD:
spread: 4-0, +5u
ML: 0-1, -1

not really a 'capper, just an arber & leaner, but all of the above have been posted picks ... Dr.Bob's got [censored] on me
Old 10-22-2007, 12:03 AM

Has anyone seen the Ohio State line? I'm thinking they are a great play laying less than 7. Penn St. is just not very good. Morelli is good when he has time and can get in a rythm but as a team they are slow and look bad against teams with speed. I expect Ohio St. to put them away easily despite the night game at Happy Valley. Also, FWIW I like Oregon as a team, they haver a bunch of talent and are tough at home but Dixon just seems to come up empty when they have a chance to break through by winning a big game. I am through putting good money on them in situations like this weekend against USC.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone seen the Ohio State line? I'm thinking they are a great play laying less than 7. Penn St. is just not very good. Morelli is good when he has time and can getin a rythm but as a team they are slow and look bad against teams with speed. I expect Ohio St. to put them away easily despite the night game at Happy Valley. Also, FWIW I like Oregon as a team, they haver a bunch of talent and are tough at home but Dixon just seems to come up empty when they have a chance to break through by winning a big game. I am through putting good money on them in situations like this weekend against USC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes we've seen the Ohio State line. You are overestimating the current completely untested #1 by a longshot and underestimating the homefield advantage of Happy Valley. Ohio State hasn't played a single real team yet if you'd bother to look at their schedule(which I'm sure you haven't).
PSU
ATS Home: 4-1
ATS Road: 0-3

You've been warned.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone seen the Ohio State line? I'm thinking they are a great play laying less than 7. Penn St. is just not very good. Morelli is good when he has time and can getin a rythm but as a team they are slow and look bad against teams with speed. I expect Ohio St. to put them away easily despite the night game at Happy Valley. Also, FWIW I like Oregon as a team, they haver a bunch of talent and are tough at home but Dixon just seems to come up empty when they have a chance to break through by winning a big game. I am through putting good money on them in situations like this weekend against USC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes we've seen the Ohio State line. You are overestimating the current completely untested #1 by a longshot and underestimating the homefield advantage of Happy Valley. Ohio State hasn't played a single real team yet if you'd bother to look at their schedule(which I'm sure you haven't).
PSU

You've been warned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they haven't played a real team, its the Big Ten. Nevertheless, they should do to Penn St. about what they did to Purdue, who is similarly crappy, but not too bad for the Big Ten.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:40 AM

Lol Penn St. is clearly better than Purdue
Old 10-22-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone seen the Ohio State line? I'm thinking they are a great play laying less than 7. Penn St. is just not very good. Morelli is good when he has time and can getin a rythm but as a team they are slow and look bad against teams with speed. I expect Ohio St. to put them away easily despite the night game at Happy Valley. ....

[/ QUOTE ]

PSU

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they haven't played a real team, its the Big Ten. Nevertheless, they should do to Penn St. about what they did to Purdue, who is similarly crappy, but not too bad for the Big Ten.

[/ QUOTE ]

You bet real big on Ohio -4 at PSU 2 years ago, didn't you?

Regardless, posts about how a team can't possibly lose on the road belong more in Sporting Events than here. Ohio's 7-pt win at home v Sparty, and 5 turnovers [home] v Akron
where they were trailing 3-2 at the half didn't exactly remind me of a team that should be favored by 7 [LOL WTF?] at Happy Valley.

#1/#2 undefeated USC, LSU, OKLA, USF, CAL, Fla have all lost, most of them on the road. I'm sure Ohio is immune from getting beat on the road vs a ranked opponent on national TV, at night. Just like 2 years ago.

We've all seen the line, after all, this IS the:
"EARLY NCAA WEEK 9 THREAD."
Asking people if they've seen the line is silly.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:29 AM

Virginia Tech -3 1 Unit
USF -4.5 1 Unit
Purdue -12.5 2 Units
Kansas -2.5 1 Unit
Washington -4 1 Unit
Stanford +13 2 Units
S. Carolina +3 2 Units
Kentucky -13.5 1 Unit
W. Virginia -6.5 1 Unit
Ohio St -3.5 1 Unit