Default Re: Oct 9th - 15th POTW!!!!

Illinois -3.5
Old 10-12-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Illinois -3.5

[/ QUOTE ]
You're on the same side as Dr. Bob.
Not sure if that's a good sign any more though.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:38 AM

UGA -6.5 @ Vandy

Vandy's getting all kinds of respect now. I guess it's because they were respectable with Cutler and then beat Georgia last year. Kentucky is on their run and MSU beat Auburn. Parity abounds... The problem is, Vandy actually still sucks. They were 4-8 last year and have played two decent teams this year, Bama and Auburn, and got destroyed by both. There is no way Georgia is overlooking this game after getting embarrassed last year, and beaten on the road last week. The game @ UT was a fluke. They are a great road team under Richt and already won @ Bama. What worries me is that sometimes teams come home after listless road performances and play their best games of the year. But Vandy is just not good on offense and their defense won't be able to keep them within a TD. Georgia 24-7.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:39 AM

Bump
Old 10-12-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Illinois -3.5

[/ QUOTE ]
You're on the same side as Dr. Bob.
Not sure if that's a good sign any more though.

[/ QUOTE ]

no...Dr. Bob is on the same side as me
Old 10-12-2007, 12:19 PM

San Jose State +19 (bet on Tuesday)- I saw it is 17.5 now

I have 2 units on it and also 2 units on Illinois -3.5
Old 10-12-2007, 12:30 PM

I don’t normally buck the SEC home dog but this week I just can’t lay off GA or LSU.

Also when Ky, Tn, Bama and GA play at Vandy it’s the closest thing you’ve ever seen to a neutral field.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:53 PM

agree with austiger about GA at Vandy.

Also like SJSU tonight vs. HAW. Got them at 18.5 but I think the current line of 17.5 is still okay.
SJSU is decent and HAW is overrated. SJSU will obviously be super-juiced for their game vs. a top 25 team on national TV.

SJSU's losses were pretty bad blowouts to big programs though so that has me a bit concerned.
45-3 to Arizona St, 34-14 to Kansas St, 37-0 to Stanford.
Would really like to have seen them compete in just ONE of those games. But they seem to have turned it on against competition from their own conf so they have some confidence now.

Last week winless Utah St went 21-29 passing vs. HAW in a 52-37 loss. They had 6 sacks though but still had 0 INT's.
Weird stats.
HAW's defense definitely seems to have its flaws.

The week before HAW racked up 48 pts vs. IDA but Brennan also had 5 INT's.

SJSU was 22-30-1 passing vs. IDA last wk and was 35-48-2 vs. Utah St a couple wks ago.
These guys seem to be able to throw the ball okay and I think can burn HAW for some points and hang around in the game.
They are slightly better than a couple of the opponents who HAW has defeated but hasn't exactly blown completely out of the water.

Two common opponents between the two teams:
SJSU beat Utah St 23-20
HAW beat Utah St 52-37

SJSU beat IDA 28-20
HAW beat IDA 48-20

I think the line is closeish but there's so much hype on HAW that some people seem to think that they are an automatic to win 50-0 practically every game and that simply is not the case.
I ballpark HAW at closer to 14 to 15 point faves on the road for this one. 18.5 just seemed too high to me.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
agree with austiger about GA at Vandy.

Also like SJSU tonight vs. HAW. Got them at 18.5 but I think the current line of 17.5 is still okay.
SJSU is decent and HAW is overrated. SJSU will obviously be super-juiced for their game vs. a top 25 team on national TV.

SJSU's losses were pretty bad blowouts to big programs though so that has me a bit concerned.
45-3 to Arizona St, 34-14 to Kansas St, 37-0 to Stanford.
Would really like to have seen them compete in just ONE of those games. But they seem to have turned it on against competition from their own conf so they have some confidence now.

Last week winless Utah St went 21-29 passing vs. HAW in a 52-37 loss. They had 6 sacks though but still had 0 INT's.
Weird stats.
HAW's defense definitely seems to have its flaws.

The week before HAW racked up 48 pts vs. IDA but Brennan also had 5 INT's.

SJSU was 22-30-1 passing vs. IDA last wk and was 35-48-2 vs. Utah St a couple wks ago.
These guys seem to be able to throw the ball okay and I think can burn HAW for some points and hang around in the game.
They are slightly better than a couple of the opponents who HAW has defeated but hasn't exactly blown completely out of the water.

Two common opponents between the two teams:
SJSU beat Utah St 23-20
HAW beat Utah St 52-37

SJSU beat IDA 28-20
HAW beat IDA 48-20

I think the line is closeish but there's so much hype on HAW that some people seem to think that they are an automatic to win 50-0 practically every game and that simply is not the case.
I ballpark HAW at closer to 14 to 15 point faves on the road for this one. 18.5 just seemed too high to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

Yeah, the game is in conference, San Jose has improved off terrible performances earlier, and Hawaii is overrated. It looks like Brennan will play (hopefully not at full strength). Weather has been rainy this morning but should clear. My only fear is that Hawaii scores 60 and SJ can't keep up but Hawaii's defense doesn't scare anyone.