Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 01:09 AM

Default WCOOP ME: QQ with a smelly ace on board

I was thinking about this hand for a bit. When I 3-bet him, I was hoping to induce a shove. What could he call that percent of his stack with and not get it in preflop with?

I have been very aggressive preflop. Gotten 3-bet very large several times when I had marginal holdings and folded. Not shown down any junk hands. The table has been pretty tight overrall. I would say 50% of the time that there has been a limper someone has raised him.

Blinds are 300/600

Hero has 34,000
Villain 1 has 11,700 in the CO
Villain 2 has 31,000 in Mp1

Preflop: Hero has Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB
Mp1 limps, <font color="red">CO raises to 1,800, Hero re-raises to 3,800 </font>, MP1 folds, CO calls

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero?

Pot has just under 9,000 in it, Villain has 7,900. I think it would be gross to be 3,000 and not call a push. But I don't like just pushing, But then again, I could be way ahead and maybe he will just stick it in if I check to him?
Old 10-01-2007, 02:33 AM

Default Re: WCOOP ME: QQ with a smelly ace on board

+re-raise PF was not big enough. it was basically a min raise. make it 6k.

+as played, c bet flop to represent the ace. if he pushes, you're folding. a push actually looks weaker than a c bet and you lose your ability to get out.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:35 AM

lol bet/fold is so godawful its not even funny, ducy?

usually in these situations i like to let villain bluff at the pot because there aren't alot of scare cards for us and it would suck if he folded 10's or J's.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">CO raises to 1,800, Hero re-raises to 3,800 </font>...Pot has just under 9,000 in it, Villain has 7,900

[/ QUOTE ]

and now you know what you did wrong
Old 10-01-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">CO raises to 1,800, Hero re-raises to 3,800 </font>...Pot has just under 9,000 in it, Villain has 7,900

[/ QUOTE ]

and now you know what you did wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I know it was a mini-raise, but as I said before, I figure he would just stick it in right there if I raise small. He is calling 20% off of his remaining stack
Old 10-01-2007, 07:36 PM

shove - get called by 77 drawing to 2 outs - profit
call/make a smaller raise - get called by A2 drawing to 3 outs - profit a lot less

obv you cant really _shove_ but ~put CO allin

Standard on this flop is propably check/call anything and feel happy about it.
I would consider folding if he bet like 3k but if he shoves or close I snapcall/put the rest in. Anyway in general putting him allin preflop is a lot more profitable because you stack a lot of PPs that way that will find some sort of excuse to fold the flop. Betting the flop with these stacks is horrible, it accomplishes nothing as every worse hand will just fold and any ace will call. But the stacksizes are really hot for villain to think you dont have the ace and will fold your XX when he has 77.