Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Flopped top two oop against Laggy Button

Hi guys this is my first post on 2+2 and it is mostly a clarification question, in this hand villain is playing 38/25 on the button and has raised me 3 times from this position. I am wondering if I should play the flop more aggressively (raise more?) and also if I should call this push?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Button ($91.65)
SB ($99.50)
BB ($32.15)
Hero ($52.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $5.

Flop: ($14.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $24</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $84.65</font>,
Old 07-31-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Flopped top two oop against Laggy Button

perfect, nh-- a cbet on the flop would be nice too but you got the action you wanted
Old 07-31-2007, 11:33 AM

With stack sizes thats a pretty good raise size for him to push overtop, which is what you want obviously. Easy call all in. nh.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:48 PM

results were that he had 10s7s and hit flush on turn. Is his aggression with his FD total spew? I would imagine he was trying to run over me but I'm confused since I typically bet my FDs but dont reraise with them....I guess I'm asking if his move was a total donk play or was there a more method to his madness than it seems?
Old 07-31-2007, 03:51 PM

He just sucks don't worry, just take notes of him and np.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:54 PM

Its a donk play. You are definitely calling in a RRed pot if you put in a raise. His AI is total spew...
Old 07-31-2007, 03:55 PM

That said, I would probably RR him PF if he has been playing like that. Try and take it down w/o having to pair your ace or king.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:56 PM

Hey

Preflop:What kind of player are you? If you aren't a nit, then a LAG is probably gonna be 3betting your 1 off the button open pretty lightly. We are doing very nicely vs. his range here but we are OOP so we want to re-raise not just flat call IMO. Think about what happens all the time you whiff the flop (2/3s of the time). You are OOP and usually have to c/f. And most of the time villain will cbet you off the best hand since you are ahead of his preflop range! So you certainly have to re-raise here. A pot sized 4bet is not good with these stacks IMO, so I typically jut shove over his 3bet here to maximize FE against smaller pairs and might even sometimes get called by some other strong aces depending on if he is a spewtard LAG or a thinking LAG (given his high VPIP he might be the first one).

Flop:As played I dig your flop line because a LAG will usually cbet here and a smaller CR &gt; CRAI because if we can give this guy an illusion of FE, then that is awesome.

Sorry about him hitting the spades, that's just normal variance. Welcome to the forum.