Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Identifying Your Father

[ QUOTE ]
Really interesting question. Apart from the obvious different racial types I guess this would be very difficult but I dunno.chez

[/ QUOTE ]

Only your racial type is provided. If you were mixed-race, you would be made aware, and only those of your fathers race would be provided.

What makes it hard is that some people would look and be very similar to their dad, while others would not. But, if you look and act very similarly to your mother, that wouldn't mean your father didn't look and act similarly as well. Or, he could be totally different.

My father and I are the same height and have the same eye color, and same sense of humor. Our hands and feet are aslo strikingly similar. Of course, I wouldn't know this at the time, but I wonder if I heard him say something witty, would I be able to recognize it? For instance now, I'll hear him say things and think to myself "God, we are so similar". But not sure if I'd pick up on it for a while.

Let's say if you narrow it down from 20 men to 3, you'd be able to meet and converse with the men at will. Assume they don't know you were ever born (no questions regarding..."hey did u ever sleep with Mrs. _____ in Seattle in 1974?"

I've also seen plenty of random people on the street who, for all intents and purposes, appear as if they could be my dad. I'm sure this is the case for just about everybody.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I wonder if I heard him say something witty, would I be able to recognize it? For instance now, I'll hear him say things and think to myself "God, we are so similar". But not sure if I'd pick up on it for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]
I tend to assume this is nurture not nature. We have much shared wit but I assume he inflicted it upon me (and now you) interactively not genetically.

chez
Old 04-06-2007, 11:49 AM

My father and I are so much alike (looks, build, mannerisms), it would take maybe 90 seconds for 20 -- give me 5 minutes for 50. My son is no different.

Your mileage may vary.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:23 PM

my dad and I looked so similar. same height, hair, similar personalities. I think I could've figured it out quickly.

my girlfriend and her mom look nothing at all alike. They have some similar facial features, but g/f is blond/blue eyes/short/really white, her mom is dark hair/dark eyes/semi-tall/darker skin.

The answer to this is different for different people.