Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Lori MLB thread.

YTD 0/0 0.00

Will probably be only an occasional post in here, but in a post-Crockpot wasteland I'd appreciate any feedback on my picks now that Crock is no longer a nice saftey net for me.
(By the way Crock, it was very appreciated)

Anyway, I'm not going to hassle people with my minor plays. I think they're winners, but I'm not really very happy with them and they're not very interesting. As a result, I'll probably only post twice a week or so, but who knows.

Okay, onto today's "problem"

DET/CLE (Bonderman/Sowers)

Detroit are +105 for this game. Bonderman is better than Sowers in any stat I can find, that's any stat, predictive, actual, anything.

Well, that's weird, usually when I fancy a pick, the predictive stat is way ahead of the reality, but Sowers sucking at both doesn't really explain the line to me.

Oh hang on, Sowers had a 3.57 ERA last year, but his BABIP was ridiculously low at .257, could this explain the line?

Also Detroit were 1-7 in their last eight before today, so they were slumping.
Of course they're slumping, they scored 9 runs tonight in a win, they scored 33 runs going 1-3 in their four games before that and 15 runs in four games going 0-4 in the four games before that. I make that 57 runs in 9 games, not exactly a crisis when you have a decent pitcher.

Neither side has an injury that I can find, so I'm going to bet Detroit here. It will be counted as 1 unit for the purpose of the thread, but that's not a 'normal' unit for me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Detroit +105

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Lori