Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Top two on a scary board vs Zeejustin in Caesar\'s 10k

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
does ZJ raise that much pf? I also thought we were going by the read that he is playing tight?

[/ QUOTE ]
Why wouldn't ZJ be raising any two in CO with a big stack on the bubble when OP maybe can't call with JTs? Also, I saw some story on NVG where Hellmuth said in the middle of a hand that ZJ was raising every hand, so I assumed that was how he played.

Hellmuth-Justin NVG thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, this picture is great.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Checking is bad because sometimes it will make him bet with a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Checking is not the best b/c it is likely villian has a worse hand and you're giving him the opportunity to rep a very strong hand which kills your ability to shove or call a shove on the river.

Lead the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think he will bluff a lot.... THEN CALL.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then c/c another big bet on the river ?

With c/c on turn, hero lets villain control the pot size. Villain with a set/made-straight can move the stakes up, villain with a draw can keep stakes the same. Hero is most likely ahead on turn, hero should be the one controlling the pot size.

Even if we think villain will bluff a lot (which he probably won't with this board) c/c might still be a mistake b/c there's so many possible semi-bluffs that if one of the 23/22 scare cards (A,K,Q,8,remaining hearts except for Th which might be out, OP doesn't say) hits you're hard-pressed to made another big call on the river.

(I assume villain is capable of firing another barrel if river scare card hits but he misses or has TP or air.)
Old 10-27-2007, 06:08 PM

results anyone? i am assuming Q8 i would bet it is more likely than 78 and KQ if the results werent already out somewhere
Old 10-27-2007, 06:32 PM

After reading the OP, I first thought to fold pf just because you said ZJ was playing tight and the fact that you're OOP against an amazing player (not to knock on you or anything, because you're clearly amazing as well), and the fact that he's raising into a person who's fairly laggy in the blinds and the laggy player is the chip leader and pretty decent, so I think that ZJ will have a strong hand more often than he can have a weak one. Reraising it preflop is pretty gross imo, because if ZJ flats and flop came T high like it does, you're stuck OOP in a big pot.

Flop, c/c is fine.

Turn.. I really don't know how ZJ plays, but I think bet/folding is best line for some reason. I just don't see ZJ raising turn with a hand like QJ/QT/Q9/QQ/KK/AA. I think he'd play those hands for pot control and not for stacks.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:22 PM

I understand that OP gave it as a read that ZJ was playing tight, but it makes no sense for a huge stack and maybe the best player left to be playing tight when folded to in CO on the bubble. Plus the story about Hellmuth complaining he was raising every hand doesn't make me think he plays tight. I play mostly on the Stars so I am not personally familiar with his style.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:50 AM

Results: I c/r'ed, he pushes fairly quickly, I tank crying-call he has KQ and I miss my 4 outer for the 600k pot when average is like 150k (and go from tourney chipleader to like tourney shortstack).

I finished 9th in the donkament, he finished 5th.