Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Election! - The Game Thread

hopefully this is my last strategy post. scott's plan isn't great, because it eliminates the whole point of the game. fnord is correct. however, a lot of people in the village seem to have absolutely no opinion whatsoever on who to lynch. i have to feel like a few of these are wolves. mathematically if we all just stand around and shoot the [censored] all day, we're likely to end up with a mostly villager electorate who then lynches a villager. fantastic for wolves, not so hot for the village.

that's why it's best to not worry so much about who we send to the electorate (wolf/villager) but just make sure to talk a lot about who is a wolf and who is not a wolf. this way if the council lynches someone that nobody really suspected at all, they'd have to have a damn good reason. keep in mind people should be running on some sort of platform so we should roughly who they will be lynching anyway.

wdc made a post earlier in jest, but i think the point is valid. wolves on the electorate will not automatically lynch villagers. let's say the village is discssing people to lynch and consensus is that three people are all highly suspect. if two of those end up being wolves and a wolf on the electorate ends up lynching the one villager... well that just looks bad.

again, we should be getting good wolf finders on the council and be vigilant about discussing things in the thread as opposed to just getting some villagers up there with no accountability and no reason to asssume they know who is or is not a wolf.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

that's why it's best to not worry so much about who we send to the electorate (wolf/villager) but just make sure to talk a lot about who is a wolf and who is not a wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]
sounds a lot like my firing plan, no?
Old 01-17-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if i'm elected (which seems sadly unlikely now), i wil be voting off boiler or jeremy. other wolves include dmk and shortline.

villagers are clowntable, luckay, herbie.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an AWESOME post. It tells the citizens, WHY they should VOTE for Xorbie.

I don't support your platform, but at least I understand it. I knokw that <u>IF</u> Xorbie is elected, then he will lynch one of those players. If he doesn't, then that is part of the game that will be addressed on peoples platforms tomorrow.

I don't like the part of your list with boiler, dmk, or shortline, they are villagerish. I also don't thing that Herbie is a villager, and am iffy on Clowntable.
Jeremy can die however.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if i'm elected (which seems sadly unlikely now), i wil be voting off boiler or jeremy. other wolves include dmk and shortline.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an AWESOME post. It tells the citizens, WHY they should VOTE for Xorbie.

I don't support your platform, but at least I understand it. I knokw that <u>IF</u> Xorbie is elected, then he will lynch one of those players. If he doesn't, then that is part of the game that will be addressed on peoples platforms tomorrow.

I don't like the part of your list with boiler, dmk, or shortline, they are villagerish. I also don't thing that Herbie is a villager, and am iffy on Clowntable.
Jeremy can die however.

[/ QUOTE ]
the problem is that xorb wont be the only person elected (if he was elected). theres two other people. those two other people want to vote for xxxx. xorb says OK. now what?
Old 01-17-2007, 01:30 PM

btw, im sure to be fired for not doing any friggin work today
im supposed to be in the field
supposed to be there since like 10am
fark
Old 01-17-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im supposed to be in the field

[/ QUOTE ]
do you work as a scarecrow?
Old 01-17-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeremy can die however.

[/ QUOTE ]
the problem is that xorb wont be the only person elected (if he was elected). theres two other people. those two other people want to vote for xxxx. xorb says OK. now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't elect him again?

Or, it's not his fault, since he was over-ruled?

We can't set up a situation where lynches are forced because x didn't vote to lynch y when he was the elector.

Scenario:

Jim, Bob, Dave all get elected, on a platform of lynching Scott.

Instead, they lynch Bill. Bill is a villager. Do we then lynch Jim, Bob &amp; Dave for not doing what they said they would? How about Scott, since if he's a wolf, he was obviously saved by his buddies? If Scott is a villager, then what? Or fi he's a wolf? Maybe the electors are all villagers, who changed their minds.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:34 PM

all,

Zurvan's posts since last night have been super duper wolfy (for zurvan).

I can't explain why I trust fnord so much, but I'll pretty much live or die with him as a villager now.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:35 PM

Also, I think me + fnord both being on the electorate = serious ownage
Old 01-17-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I think me + fnord both being on the electorate = serious ownage

[/ QUOTE ]

We should also get a pro village role in that group