Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 02:33 PM

Default 86s btn

.5/1 full. 2 limpers to me and I limp with 86 spades. Sb completes, BB checks.

Flop is T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Rockish SB leads. BB folds, EP calls, typical bad player in the hijack calls, I raise and we lose just the EP player. 3 to the turn.

Turn is 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Checked to me and I take the free card cuz I'm pretty sure the SB has at least a T.

River is 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB leads and the hijack raises. Now what? Did I mess up on the turn?
Old 08-24-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: 86s btn

call the river raise. your turn check is fine.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:48 PM

I think the turn is fine since you are still drawing since pretty sure they called with something on the flop raises. You might be beating one of them atm but not both so I dont think betting would chase any of them off.

The River completes quite a few straight draws so I would not fold but call.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:53 PM

I think that you were correct to check behind on the turn. I doubt that you would have had much fold equity.

I would be inclined to go for the overcall on the river.

Theres always a chance that the hijack has a higher flush than you. When that happens you will lose another 2 bets if you 3-bet and the hijack caps.

Also if your hand is best, you wont necessarily win more by 3-betting than calling. Your re-raise could fold the rockish SB and then only be called by the hijack.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:55 PM

i bet the turn
Old 08-24-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i bet the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you bet the turn please, BBB ?
Old 08-24-2007, 03:03 PM

seems like with pair+flush draw we have the best hand a lot and after raising flop and betting turn we can take a free showdown on lots of rivers if we choose to. checking behind on turn if we had no pair is fine but it mostly defines our hand to a semi-observant player. also if someone else has just a flush draw and no pair we should bet to charge their draw.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seems like with pair+flush draw we have the best hand a lot and after raising flop and betting turn we can take a free showdown on lots of rivers if we choose to. checking behind on turn if we had no pair is fine but it mostly defines our hand to a semi-observant player. also if someone else has just a flush draw and no pair we should bet to charge their draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankyou for your explanation.

Yes, I can see that betting the turn helps to disguise your hand if you improve.

I am not sure how often we will have the best hand on the turn with the "rockish" SB calling the flop raise though.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:18 PM

Generally I'll bet the turn here because I want to show down my pair even when I don't improve. But the SB in this hand really made me feel like I was drawing almost always. I didn't want to bet just to squeeze out a little more when he was also on a flush draw. I expect him to be semi-observant, so when he bets the river now I have to put him on a flush or at the very least AT but probably much better, since I made my hand so transparent.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:23 PM

FWIW, if I whiff the river and SB leads, I think folding is by far the best play vs. this guy.