Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Re: No limping in 6 max?

Limp-reraising isnt really trapping because your limp-rr range is so much smaller than your standard opening range. Consider three scenarios:

You raise with AA, laggy player calls with weaker hand and picks a pair or a draw on the flop and you win more monies.

You raise with AA, laggy player re-raises. You can 4-bet or slowplay if you have the position and win more monies.

You limp with AA, laggy player raises, you re-raise and he makes an easy fold.

I hope this made some sense and isnt complete bs.

[/ QUOTE ]

all agreed!
Old 07-22-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you ain't limping with AA you shouldn't be limping with 22, there's a thing called transparency.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's fair for sure but generally my sessions aren't that long and are USUALLY not against regulars so i don't think villains really know what I'm doing on a cosistent basis. if however, I am playing regs i will consider this. cheers
Old 07-22-2007, 09:38 PM

i open limp so much, with quite a large range... i think you guys are missing a lot of profitable situations.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:41 PM

why the hell would you fold 55 UTG and raise 66 UTG? if you're folding 55 utg, then surely you should also be folding 99 utg.

neither are going to give you an overpair, so I don't see the difference.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why the hell would you fold 55 UTG and raise 66 UTG? if you're folding 55 utg, then surely you should also be folding 99 utg.

neither are going to give you an overpair, so I don't see the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

99 never gives you an overpair in the same way AQ never flops top pair.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Folded to you in MP with 22. CO and button are both 60/5's.

I limp here and you should too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Even if I know they are both guaranteed to call, I still like raising to build the pot in case I hit. Obviously, it is much easier to stack people in a raised pot, and if I know they are going to call down with middle pair / TPNK, I get that much more value by inflating the pot PF. If I miss, I have no problem check/folding, knowing they are going to call c-bets. Is this wrong? Does limping really show greater EV than raising against this specific opponent type?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what FoldEqu1ty is saying Choparno, is that it's -EV to raise it. looses more money long term in that sitch as even if u hit lots could beat u like draws as well as oversets. out of curiosity, assuming u miss, r u Cbetting?
Old 07-23-2007, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Folded to you in MP with 22. CO and button are both 60/5's.

I limp here and you should too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Even if I know they are both guaranteed to call, I still like raising to build the pot in case I hit. Obviously, it is much easier to stack people in a raised pot, and if I know they are going to call down with middle pair / TPNK, I get that much more value by inflating the pot PF. If I miss, I have no problem check/folding, knowing they are going to call c-bets. Is this wrong? Does limping really show greater EV than raising against this specific opponent type?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what FoldEqu1ty is saying Choparno, is that it's -EV to raise it. looses more money long term in that sitch as even if u hit lots could beat u like draws as well as oversets. out of curiosity, assuming u miss, r u Cbetting?

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't make sense Goos. The possibility of losing to draws/oversets doesn't change whether you limp-call or open raise with two calling stations behind you. I think raising is definitely +EV, it's just a question of whether limping has greater expectation than raising in that specific spot. And no, as I said above, I am not c-betting in that spot as the preflop raiser if I have missed my set and know I am going to get called.

By the way nice avatar. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2007, 05:27 AM

I think it's still good to raise pairs against calling stations.. I raise 3.5xBB (standard open raise) and 2 calling stations have position on me.. I hit a set 7.5:1 or 1 in 8.5 times.. I only have to make <30BB's the one time I do hit my set to make it profitable.. this is probably going to happen against bad players, especially if there's more than one at the table.. if 2 people call my raise PF and I hit a set, there's already 8.5BB's in the pot that's not yours, so I'm almost positive you'll make >30BB's on average when you hit against donks.

`