Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 06:48 AM

Default Two NL 200 hands ( my two biggest losers from the latest session)

Villian is 32/10. Not putting his money in without a strong hand.

I am looking to CR the flop. Betting to protect my hand here would have been superior

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $200.35
UTG+1: $189.45
CO: $351.92
Button: $364.59
hero: $247.15
BB: $81.45

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is SB with
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $6</font>, Button folds, hero calls, BB folds.

Flop: ($14, 2 players)
hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($14, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $24</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $108</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises all-in $345.92</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero calls all-in $141.15</font>.
Uncalled bets: $96.77 returned to CO.

River: ($512.3, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $512.3)

Results:
Final pot: $512.3

SB is unknown and just sat down.
CO is 23/17/1/7 over 200 hands.

is it okay to just shove this PF? That raise size is just strange. I dont usually shove QQ PF. I am min reraising to get CO out of the pot or win it right there. Once SB shoves I am committed.

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $175
CO: $216.50
Button: $52.60
SB: $205.30
hero: $371.20

Pre-flop: (5 players) hero is BB with
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $7</font>, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $74</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $143</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises all-in $205.3</font>, hero calls.

Flop: ($424.6, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $424.6)

Turn: ($424.6, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $424.6)

River: ($424.6, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $424.6)

Results:
Final pot: $424.6
Old 09-15-2007, 07:07 AM

Default Re: Two NL 200 hands ( my two biggest losers from the latest session)

On the 1st hand you didnt put him on flush on flush cards so you opted to check 45 hands off the bat beat right there, I know you have the 10s and a set, u gotta bet this flop you have two. But since you opted to check, u fired turn instead when an ace came off he reraises ur reraise you very well maybe be beat by flush hands that flopped their flush. Your just in a spot where you should fold on turn here.

2nd hand. The flat call with QQ is fine...Now this guy reraising here for 75 dollars is is acting real strong we have to think like this, and to push here with QQ here is definately gambeling, he should only be calling with KK AA but players all the time call with AKs, even AQs down to 99 and worse.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the 1st hand you didnt put him on flush on flush cards so you opted to check 45 hands off the bat beat right there, I know you have the 10s and a set, u gotta bet this flop you have two. But since you opted to check, u fired turn instead when an ace came off he reraises ur reraise you very well maybe be beat by flush hands that flopped their flush. Your just in a spot where you should fold on turn here.

2nd hand. The flat call with QQ is fine...Now this guy reraising here for 75 dollars is is acting real strong we have to think like this, and to push here with QQ here is definately gambeling, he should only be calling with KK AA but players all the time call with AKs, even AQs down to 99 and worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-15-2007, 07:20 AM

Your picture is spot on here... LOL [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thats what i though, when read that reply...
Old 09-15-2007, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-15-2007, 07:26 AM

first hand you go broke.

second hand is just weird. if you're gonna raise to $143 why not shove? you're leaving him with ~$50 behind, just push in if you wanna raise. his 3bet is huge and seems fishy. i would see nothing wrong with folding this against a complete unknown.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:37 AM

both hands are fine
Old 09-15-2007, 10:00 AM

First hand I wouldn't reraise the turn. This seems like a way ahead/way behind situation. Why didn't CO bet the flop? If he had a smaller set he would obv bet. If he had AK with a heart or similar he would presumably bet. It seems to me like he'll either have a huge hand like a flush or AA with Ah, or else a hand like black AK which has no outs and which he'll fold to a reraise. I don't see what reraising is supposed to achieve, other than making us feel great about having a set. There might be some small gains in terms of folding out hands that have a few outs (some random bluff hand like black KQ say) but this is a small pot at the moment and protecting equity in it is nowhere near important enough to get stacked over. I'd also lead on the flop, btw.

Second hand I think the SB being an idiot is more likely than him making a weird play with AA/KK, and I'd felt it.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:41 PM

Location: \"If it shows their cards why did you keep betting?\"

go broke in hand one.

hand 2, just click it back
Old 09-15-2007, 01:14 PM

LOL @ hand 2 and SB reraise size (10x+ is my normal reraise size too preflop hahah). Hand 1 his line looks RELE strong like flopped nut or K high flush, so I just call turn raise and call down riv. I think shoving turn is spew and u valuetowned urself vs some dude who flopped a flush and too dumb to bet the flop with it.