Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2006, 02:02 AM

Default OESFD .. always b3bai?

So, OESFDs have tons of equity, and you can make some good arguments for playing them a few different ways, right? Well, I haven't seen many of them recently, and I haven't gotten a lot of action when I have, so I'm a little biased, but ... I'm not making much money when I play them slowly. Can some of ya'll post some hands where you mixed it up and thought it was clearly the right thing to do? Not necessarily "I'd make this play 100% of the time" right .. even "I make this play 1/3 of the time and it feels right" right would be good.

FWIW, here's my most recent one, and I lean very heavily towards the line I took. Like 90:10 heavily, I think.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $64.50
UTG+1: $95.10
CO: $50
Hero: $114.35
SB: $37.35
BB: $53.05

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($6.25, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $14.5</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $50</font>
Old 07-13-2006, 02:50 AM

Default Re: OESFD .. always b3bai?

I'm not quite sure about the preflop raise, is it standard or are you mixing it up?

Do you have any stats on BB? What does he think of you?

The cb/vb is good and after BB's raise, fold and push are the only options. I don't like calling here b/c I like to get the money in while you are ahead or have a good chance to draw out. Btw I don't really see BB CRing with a flushdraw since he's OOP.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:51 AM

Your equity really only suffers when you are overcoated, you still have something like 38% equity against top set. Against aggressives, unknowns, and OOP I bet/3betAI 100% of the time as well. Against passives/calling stations who might let me draw for cheap I'd definitely lean towards just drawing. In your hand I would call his CR in position 25-35% of the time.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

fold and push are the only options

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding isn't an option
Old 07-13-2006, 02:53 AM

Raising 95s is a bit of a stretch for a button raise, don't you think? Unless the blinds fold a lot preflop or to a cbet.

On this board, I'm not sure that he's checkraising here with top pair. Hopefully we're against an overpair at best.

But even against a set or straight we're still 40%

I think even if he pushes all-in here you would still be getting close enough to the right odds to call if you threw in the times he doesn't have a set/straight. (Am I offer here anyone?)

To answer your question, I don't mind playing it fast. Showing down 95s here will definitely make you look like a big donk and get your next monster paid off.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

fold and push are the only options

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding isn't an option

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-13-2006, 02:55 AM

Even if opponent does this w/ just AA, 77-33, &amp; AdXd, you're still 50/50. Push
Old 07-13-2006, 02:56 AM

FWIW you have the odds to just call here. It would really help to know what kind of player BB is. If he is the kind of guy who doesnt like to give up overpairs, then this is the kind of flop where you will get called a lot. And if you get called a lot this becomes a very high variance move. Although not a bad one, you are still at least 50/50 against some typical c/r range here. And yes he can be check/raising on a draw, its is opponent dependant - some people do it.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:00 AM

I deleted my own post. I misread the OP. PUSH THAT SH*T.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:07 AM

Your line seems perfect to me. You've got a ton of FE against 1 pair hands and when you do get called your hand is rarely a huge underdog.

Calling is horrible. If you miss on the turn you don't even have the odds to call his potsized allin then.