Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2006, 03:54 AM

Default Did I play it well?

Opponent is 70/20. I don't know much about him other than that. In one hand earlier he made a small donk and folded to a raise.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($273.10)
BB ($597.07)
UTG ($294.68)
MP ($208.12)
Button ($236.01)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $2, Button calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $13, Button calls $13.

Flop: ($47) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $38</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $76</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $114</font>, Button calls $38.

I put him on most likly a K here. I minreraised to pot commit him without giving him a chance to fold. Flush draw is likly as well. I guess he can have a 3 as ell but that didn't cross my mind. I guess it didn't recistered since he called my raise, but unfortunatly a 3 is in his range.

Turn: ($275) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $90</font>, Button calls $90.

River: ($455) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $455
Old 06-28-2006, 04:45 AM

Default Re: Did I play it well?

I think theres lots of 3s in his range here. Notice that he just limped on the button, so considering 20% pre raise, mosty likely he doesnt have KT+. Some Flush draws are possible too, and some random crap that he just decided to raise you with. But that is sort of read dependant. I would be really reluctant to play for my stack here, without any additional reads, although if i decide to continue here, im playing for my stack. Most probably just calling the flop and c/raising all in on the blank turn.

As played, i think we can safely exclude any trips from his range, since he would have shoved it in on the flop with any of these hands. I dont think this villain can be tricky enough to just flat call there. On the turn you pretty much have to get the rest of the money in, since i think he will pay you off with a king here, i might consider check/calling here, just in case he is a scared of the flush type [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2006, 06:06 AM

Default Re: Did I play it well?

[ QUOTE ]
I would be really reluctant to play for my stack here, without any additional reads, although if i decide to continue here, im playing for my stack. Most probably just calling the flop and c/raising all in on the blank turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good analysis. Thanks! If żou decide to get away from the hand, how do you do that? What if a blank hits on the turn?