Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 02:59 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/10)

Yeah, Helmuth congratulating someone for owning him on national TV, not going to happen. Really I think he betrayed his hand with all that stupid table talk. He played Baxter for a chump and thought he could outwit him, but he was wrong. He wouldn't have tried that speech with Negreanu or Doyle, he saw a new face and thought he was a mark. Suprise, in this game Phil, your the mark.

Phil has a massive ego, and basically looked terrible last season, right after they do a montage where Daniel and Antonio were saying that he's soft in cash games, so he basically proved them right. He's back to prove himself, this isn't about money, its about pride and the 27 prop makes it even more of a macho attitude in there, so Phil's ego takes over. Someone should just explain to him, look, you don't have the temperament for this game, nor the experience playing big cash games against the best in the world, he wants so badly to be respected by his peers, but guess what, they are just nice to him because he's a mark in their eyes, he's losing hundreds of thousands to Phil Ivey in Chinese Poker and giddy like a school girl just to be included in their little exclusive group. They'll never respect him, hes an insecure one trick pony, he should go back to winning hold em tournaments, its what hes good at, and quit trying to be what he's not.

Then again, he's getting more exposure and 2K an hour to play in this game so the money he's losing probably evens out or close to it... but if he keeps getting schooled in this game he just may damage his rep.

Where's Daniel? I thought he's played about 90% of HSP until this season did he decide not to play anymore? Even though he's probably down overall he's played some great poker and earned my respect, I don't think I've ever seen someone get more unlucky.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:44 AM

It's been an absolute treat to have some episodes without Daniel for once. Unfortunately, he is in the previews for next week's show.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:16 AM

-I really don't find Laak's banter annoying but if he sat next to me and was constantly playing with my money or touching my cards the way he seems to in every episode i would lose it eventually.

-Brunson lost a a few hands in the first two episodes and i think he is steaming a little bit.

-I found that Brandon guy to be a bit annoying in the first episodes but he seems to have toned it down later in the session and he seems alright.

-Why does everyone feel the need to take a stab at a pot with their 72? I liked when Bob Safai said, "500? It should be 5k." That would make it really interesting.

-I can never tell if Phil is sort of going over the top with his self-love for the sake of humor or if he really is that much of a douche? LOL at him talking about "my power".
Old 09-14-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Classic from Safai. Asking Hellmuth if he jacked off while looking at a picture of himself, then had to take a shower when it got all over him. Wow. Priceless

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate hellmuth but i thought Safai was boorish and not particularly funny or clever when he said this. especially given that they never met before. People can say that Phil berates and rants or acts dumb (all true) but I don't recall him asking strangers if they just came back from jacking off in the shower to a laminated picture of themselves...

honestly it seemed like Safai was trying really to come up with something crazy to get the other celebs to like him by trashing hellmuth; which just reeks of needy and pathetic...

on a marginally related note, he looks a lot like Lou Pinella...
Old 09-14-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then again, he's getting more exposure and 2K an hour to play in this game so the money he's losing probably evens out or close to it

[/ QUOTE ]
LOLZ. O RLY? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-Why does everyone feel the need to take a stab at a pot with their 72? I liked when Bob Safai said, "500? It should be 5k." That would make it really interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol then u could make openraises for like 30k preflop...
Old 09-14-2007, 02:54 PM

Huh? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2007, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i hate hellmuth but i thought Safai was boorish and not particularly funny or clever when he said this. especially given that they never met before. People can say that Phil berates and rants or acts dumb (all true) but I don't recall him asking strangers if they just came back from jacking off in the shower to a laminated picture of themselves...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a metaphor. Nobody really believes that Hellmuth was jacking off -- it's simply a way of saying, 'Jesus, Phil, you don't half love yourself, don't you?'

Given that this is so self-evidently true, it's far less offensive than Hellmuth's tendency to berate every amateur that beats him out of a hand for being a moron.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:05 PM

Phil Laak touches peoples money and cards but when someone did that to him, i think it was Jen Harman, he said something along the llines of "Don't ever touch my cards ever again" and had this really mean look on his face. Does anyone know when this occurred?

Phil Laak is such a tight ass that talks so loose. Anytime he loses 1 hand, its like the end of the world for him. I have joined the ranks of ppl who lost 20K with 27. Ohter guys did that but folded whne unsucesful. Laak on the other hand needs to show it that he lost. I LOVE it when this guy is in a hand and loses.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Laak touches peoples money and cards but when someone did that to him, i think it was Jen Harman, he said something along the llines of "Don't ever touch my cards ever again" and had this really mean look on his face. Does anyone know when this occurred?

Phil Laak is such a tight ass that talks so loose. Anytime he loses 1 hand, its like the end of the world for him. I have joined the ranks of ppl who lost 20K with 27. Ohter guys did that but folded whne unsucesful. Laak on the other hand needs to show it that he lost. I LOVE it when this guy is in a hand and loses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you just copy/paste this from the Phil Laak thread?

I get it. You hate Phil Laak. I don't like him either, but you should calm down.