Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Phil Laak on high stakes poker season 4

[ QUOTE ]
Todd is one of the true good guys in poker, and the best player at that HSP table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree at all. He might be the best all around player in that table but not the best NLHE player.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:48 AM

Esfandiari is the best player at the table imo. Matusow is good, too.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:52 AM

Did Laak try and angle shoot AGAIN last night with the 10k bet from the new guy?
Old 09-04-2007, 11:44 AM

hell yeah he did. He's trying to see the turn for 5K even though he knows verbal bets are binding. Even the other players said he declared 10K. Why do i never get paid with my big hands and can't bluff? It's because everyone knows your a NIT. Damn i think he plays poker tighter those 12 tabling nits on full tilt.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:58 AM

Some things that I was LOL at were.

1. Phil complaining and saying "Why do i never get paid off when i have a big hand yet i cannot bluff the other players?" Ummm, its cause your a nit and every player at the table knows it. Even Antonio said wow i got 24K off of Laak that is pretty hard. I even know Laaks range of hands when he calls preflop.

2. Phil trying to angle-shoot against the hedge fund manager. Is this the 3rd time i have heard of this? He clearly said 10K bet when he mistakenly put 5K. Phil knows verbal bets are binding yet tries to see the turn for 5K. Even the other players at the table said he said 10K. Maybe thats why Todd Brunson tried to angle shoot Phil Laak because Laak deserves it. Todd knows Laak does that to many people and we see it again on this shown. And LOL at Laak folding on the turn for 20K when the pot was total 50K. He had a flush draw and the hedge fund manager gave him still good odds to call. He might even have raised but there is no way folding is an option. I don't even think a 12 tabling full tilt Nit would fold on the turn. He also had position too on the hedge fund manager too. He is just playing so scared.

3. Phil Hellmuth calling out Laak's hand when Mikey raised with 99 and Laak thought and folded preflop. Hellmuth said AJs huh and it was AJo. Laak is way too predictable

4. Laak calling preflop with A10 and missing the flop. He goes why did i put 1800 into the flop? UMM, laak do you expect to hit every single damn flop?

5. Laak right b4 folding to the Hedge fund manager says oh its so sick... so gross. The only thing that is sick and gross is you keep saying the same thing over and over again. "You trying to bluff me kid" "If i fold, you are going to show me 72o or 44 right?" LOL.... then call Phil if you think he is doing this. Man you KNOW he doesn't have those hands. And even if you think 80 percent he did, there is no way you would call because i have never seen you make those kind of calls before. And when he had 22 against Antonio's QQ, he said after getting reraised on the flop, goes "this would be a sicker call than Mikey's with 44". Too bad, you will you will NEVER make those type of calls.

To anyone that watched high stakes poker yesterday, I am pretty sure you can agree with most of this. I can see why people call him a scumbag.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:43 PM

and whats up with him looking under Mikeys cards when mikey had 44. If someone did that to Phil Laak, Phil would go and get all mad probably. He thinks a joke and its pretty cool that matasow didnt get upset bc mike is a cool guy. But if the samet thing happened to laak say mike did it, i can guarantee you Laaks expression will completely change

And right after he loses the hand, he goes it will take aother 3 months to beat Antonio? Umm, everytime i see you and Antonio on the show, you are ALWAYS UP. then Antonio goes you will win it back and Laak goes 20K? That will take a while. Man, Matasow loses 20k a hand but doesnt whine. But when Laak loses one hand, its like the end of the world to him. His constant bs is really annoying. When you watch the 2 play, dont u guys agree Laak usuaully is up more than Antonio?
Old 09-04-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did Laak try and angle shoot AGAIN last night with the 10k bet from the new guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I love the way angle shoot gets thrown around so easily. Classic! He didn't even make that big of a deal, he just asked the question.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:35 PM

Most people complaining about Laaks style here really don't seem to understand anything in poker.

If you have a table full of guys raising and reraising each other with high-value hands like 72o and 52s, it is not such a bad idea to tighten up before the flop.
In the same time you build up a conservative image and can take chances later. Just think about that J5 bluff on Cash Poker that Laak made.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:34 PM

Laak is playing scared because he is broke from paying off the thailand dude
Old 09-05-2007, 12:13 AM

Dynacraze seems to have some Phil Laak issues... Did you spend all day thinking about Phil Laak?

1. If he were a nit and everyone knew it, he should be able to make successful bluffs.

2. He wasn't arguing about the verbal declaration being binding. He asked if the chips were out first (in which case the verbal declaration is meaningless). Sure it was kind of nitty, but its not an angleshoot to call a player on breaking the rules. In this case when everybody said he said 10K first, he backed off.

3. Meh.

4. Yeah, no poker player ever complains about missing a hand... I swear if I could change one thing in the poker world it would be outlawing the new catch phrase of "one time".

5. I think it was a bad fold. I don't think its bad that he'll never make a call like Matusows. That was pretty bad.