Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL FIFA 2008 COMES OUT TODAY(OCTOBER 10) THREAD****

[ QUOTE ]
seriously, is this suppose to be better than Pro Evo? It has all the teams fully licensed right? All the leagues too?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you love Pro Evo because of the gameplay mechanics then it is very unlikely that you would prefer FIFA. The two franchises have been competing for many years, and every single year Pro Evo has more realistic and more engaging gameplay. That is not to say that FIFA is not fun to play, but it is certainly simpler and more arcadish. FIFA however does have the full license to all the clubs and players which means you don't have to change the team names or play in made up leagues. FIFA also generally looks much better. If you play hockey games, Pro Evo is like the 2K series and FIFA is like EA's NHL 0x series (until this year where NHL 08 nails the gameplay).

Personally I am willing to trade the gameplay elements in favour of the team licenses and greater graphics, but I am not much of a soccer game fan and suspect that if I was I would prefer Pro Evo.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any reviews yet? I'd like to buy this but haven't heard much player feedback.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=84408

He gives it 8/10
Old 10-10-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any reviews yet? I'd like to buy this but haven't heard much player feedback.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=84408

He gives it 8/10

[/ QUOTE ]

IGN UK gave it a 7.7/10.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/822/822487p1.html
Old 10-10-2007, 06:56 PM

www.gamerankings.com
Old 10-10-2007, 07:05 PM

Man, I didnt know until now that only PS3 and X360 will use the newest graphics which they wont have on PC. Pretty weak imo.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seriously, is this suppose to be better than Pro Evo? It has all the teams fully licensed right? All the leagues too?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you love Pro Evo because of the gameplay mechanics then it is very unlikely that you would prefer FIFA. The two franchises have been competing for many years, and every single year Pro Evo has more realistic and more engaging gameplay. That is not to say that FIFA is not fun to play, but it is certainly simpler and more arcadish. FIFA however does have the full license to all the clubs and players which means you don't have to change the team names or play in made up leagues. FIFA also generally looks much better. If you play hockey games, Pro Evo is like the 2K series and FIFA is like EA's NHL 0x series (until this year where NHL 08 nails the gameplay).

Personally I am willing to trade the gameplay elements in favour of the team licenses and greater graphics, but I am not much of a soccer game fan and suspect that if I was I would prefer Pro Evo.

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend of mine sent me this . . .

- - -

I've played PES, well it was ISS then, since way back on the PS1 and as for the latest installment I've only played the demo. But the demo is based on the same game engine as all other Pro Evo's / WE's. And until Konami update this I stick to my opinion that FIFA is now the better game. Pro Evo was undisputed for many many years but the old cliche of 'it and it aint broke then don't fix it' has been used way to many times now and Konami need to add more than just a few new animations to justify the new game every year, they current format could just be patched each year and that would be more justifiable.That is my honest opinion and I truly was a PES lover who wouldn't even contemplate FIFA for many years.

- - -

According to all the former PES gamers, they are turning to FIFA. Looks like the tides are changing . . .

Anyway, I just bought mine and I'm about to crack it open. I'll let you know how I feel in a bit.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:34 PM

I think the winning eleven games are better until winning eleven 9, then fifa was better.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:24 PM

Quick opinion:

Absolutely loving it so far. However, I can't STAND the menu system at all. It seems too clunky but I guess I'm used to spreadsheets in text simulators.

Regarding in-game play though, I feel like I'm winning too many headers but that may due to the teams I'm picking. The majority of my games have been online and I've gone with Chelsea or Real Madrid since the teams that my opponents typically choose are Liverpool, Man Utd or Barca.

I love watching my fullbacks overlap and my teammates make runs when they don't have the ball. I'm disappointed that we can only setup 4 plays though (2 def, 2 off). Tempo seems to be dictated based on the player with the ball. For example, if I'm sprinting with the ball, my teammates will step up their pace and head for open channels. Regarding defending, I haven't noticed too many miscues but we have to take sample size into consideration. Anyway, back to the sticks . . .

By the way, the game is gorgeous too.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:08 PM

I might have to get this game.. maybe in a month or two, just too many good games on the market right now!! Not enough time to play all of them (Halo3, BioShock, Orange Box, PGR4, NHL08)
Old 10-11-2007, 01:50 AM

Well the game has awesome graphics. Wasn't expecting that. I played a couple regular games and there was def a huge difference in AI. The defenders are much smarter and its more fun that way. After a couple games I decided to try out the Be A Pro mode and I think I actually enjoyed it more than the regular game. Its actually really fun trying to make correct runs and stay in the right positions, the in game challenges are fun and I think this is a mode I could get addicted to.