Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 07:56 AM

Default Are you kidding me

40/80 shorthanded. Fish raises button, sb calls, I call in bb. The flop is Q33r check to fish who bets fold to me I c/r he calls. Turn is some card I bet he folds, I look at my cards and muck. Fish apparently thinks I showed them to someone (I most definitely did not) and asks the dealer to see my hand. The dealer is in Wonder Land and paying no attention to the game, probably wondering what he can do to make it so I never tip him again. Before I can say anything dealer reveals my hand.

So is it cool to just wait for this dealer in the parking lot or what? After I asked him wtf he is doing and the player on next to me says I showed nobody my cards the dealer says nothing and continues dealing poorly as if nothing happened.

It happened so fast I'm not really sure what I should have said or done after but I was pretty unhappy with the dealer to say the least. I was annoyed that the fish asked to see my hand but if fish want to use nitty rules like show one show all that's fine, having my hand exposed when I didn't show anyone just about caused me to have a seizure though.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Are you kidding me

Unfortunately dealers are only human too. You quit tipping the dealer, so you got even, and the dealer got the point.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:45 AM

In the annals of dealer mistakes this is no more than a pin prick. It did not cost you the pot or directly effect the action in the hand. Not tipping him for the rest of the down is an adequate punishment.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:55 AM

you need to quit being a lil bitch. if u stopped tipping him, i hope he waited for you in the parking lot.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Are you kidding me *DELETED*

Post deleted by *TT*
Old 07-18-2007, 12:42 PM

who are you talking to, skitzo?
Old 07-18-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
having my hand exposed when I didn't show anyone just about caused me to have a seizure though

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a leak in your game.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:02 PM

Playing hard for your money isn't a leak.
Dealers are playing up to 11 spots to my one. They will make some errors. The first error involving me I let go. The second one I make my point.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you need to quit being a lil bitch. if u stopped tipping him, i hope he waited for you in the parking lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

- note from *TT* - this poster just got a 3 day time out for this comment. Trolling with your first post on 2+2 is just looking to get banned
Old 07-18-2007, 01:03 PM

As a dealer myself, I really do feel that making a mistake like this is unacceptable. However, dealer's are humans and I didn't witness this so there might have been a legitimate excuse for his lack of attention. Either way, not tipping for the rest of the down is perfectly standard, past that, it weights on your conscience.