Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

Those bad drivers that drink and drive give us real drunk drivers a bad rep imo.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been driving drunk pretty regularly since I was 17, and I've never put so much as a scratch on my car while doing so. I've never had a point-based ticket, and all of the tickets that I have gotten were when I was sober. That being said, I'm 21 years old right now, and if I received a sentence like that for DUI I'd find a gun and kill myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said this too around that age, i used to drink and drive all the time, i don't think drinking had any affect on my driving. I never came close to any accident and never got pulled over. Then when i was 22 i got stopped at a DUI checkpoint and blew a .08 and got a dui. I thought it was bs at the time but in a way i'm happy it happened. I no longer drink and drive at all anymore and that is what stopped me from doing it, if that had not happened something way worse could have happened for me to learn my lesson.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pirateboy you are a Saint. Have you ever had sex before either?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go [censored] yourself. I never said I was a saint, but I don't put other people's lives on the line when I make decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep thinking that,son.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You [censored] up you pay the price dude.

[/ QUOTE ]\

Christ what's with all the hate none of you ever drove drunk?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. And I would hope that most people haven't. Why would I? There's no reason to, and quite frankly, no excuse for it.

OP is catching a lot of flack because of his attitude. His time spent will not be undeserved. But, I hope he learns from this experience, stays in AA, stays sober when he gets out and makes positive choices in his life from here on out.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:44 PM

There is no topic in this forum, <blink>NONE</blink>, that brings out the self-righteous a-holes like the DUI threads. Seriously, if I made use of the ignore feature I'd plonk every jackass who comes trotting into these threads with "your and idiot" (sic) and "you got what you deserved". This thread is no different of course.

A friend was recently pulled over and thrown in jail. His crime: driving BEHIND a cop and fitting the profile of someone that looked like a potential DUI in the cop's rear-view mirror: 20s/30s, two guys wearing baseball caps and t-shirts during the time of night (10:30) when the highest percentage of drunks is on the road (this is a fact; somehow the percentage is lower at bar time). He had been up in North Scottsdale drinking and was heading home with his roommate. The cop no doubt saw him in his rear view, pulled into the bike lane to let him pass, then pulled him over. Lucky for my friend he is very cautious about driving after drinking so he had a "DUI prevention kit" in his car consisting of Visine (I don't know why this would help with alcohol but I do know he likes P.O.T. so maybe that's why), breath mints, and body spray. His crime was that it turned out his license was suspended. Well, actually it turns out that it WASN'T suspended, he had paid a ticket some time back but the DMV hadn't relayed this to the Po Po so his license was listed as suspended. He cleared it all up in coming days but per AZ law I guess they had to take him to jail for the suspension, upon which he was bailed out an hour or two later.

One of the two cops grilled him about drinking but he appeared sober enough that they didn't bother to test him. But he found out another reason why they may not have: if he did test positive for DUI then that + the suspended license would have equaled a mandatory four months in jail. He thinks the cops knew that the pull over was BS enough - he wasn't cited for any moving violations - that they probably couldn't bring themselves to hang a DUI on him, or at least didn't think it would stick.

Around this time I found out that my license was suspended for an unpaid ticket and then a friend further alarmed me by saying that a cop can run your plate at a red light and it somehow syncs up with the registered owner and if his license is suspended he's effed. I paid for the ticket but what if it wasn't coordinated properly either?

Sorry, that drifted afield of the DUI conversation. I just can't bring myself to point out for the millionth effing time in these threads how artificially low .08 is and how the proselytizers probably drive over that limit fairly regularly without even realizing it.

It's a holiday weekend, and the bar I frequent is about 5-6 miles away. After reading this thread I'm thinking about cabbing both ways if I head over there later.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you're there 100% of the 2.5 years. Drinking and driving is the douchiest thing since ... ever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh christ here we go again. I guess we should start tossing people in the clink for wearing headbands with gelled hair cause that's really douchy too. amirite?

[/ QUOTE ] yea cause those are the same thing.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:50 PM

Another thing. AZ recently reenacted yet tougher DUI laws that force even first-time offenders to get that gay breathalyzer machine installed in their car. If you blow &gt;.03 it won't start. I'm guessing it's expensive to get installed + $100/month. A guy I know who just got his license back (I don't know him well enough to know the severity of his offense) got this installed and said that one morning after a night of moderate but not crazy drinking he blew high enough that it wouldn't start and he had to get a cab to work even though he was not only not drunk but didn't feel particularly hungover either.

If it's true that AZ laws really are the most punitive then it's good to know that not everyone has to live with these excessive laws. The least "guilty" offenders of which have just become cash machines for the government and particularly lawyers - ads prominently splashed everywhere for their DUI services, they act like everyone's advocate when they'd prefer the legal limit be .01 = more money for them.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:50 PM

Tuq,

I'm not going to come in here and call everyone who drinks and drives a douche, but clearly your friends situation and the OP's are WAY different. OP is 20 years old and has 3 DUI's, of which he said he blacked out. There was no .05 or any BS like that in the OP if he's blacking out, and that's not even discussing that under 21 he shouldn't have any alky in him while driving in the first place.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:52 PM

Your reading comprehension is depressingly bad bt
Old 11-24-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just can't bring myself to point out for the millionth effing time in these threads how artificially low .08 is and how the proselytizers probably drive over that limit fairly regularly without even realizing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot.