Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 02:38 AM

Default Re: *Dexter* 11/18

Other possible revelations:

-"British Invasion" refers to Lila being pregnant, aka Dexter can't kill her, aka welcome to season 3.

-Lila kills Rita (!!), permanently scarring Cody/Aster -- setting them up to become just like Dexter, after some guidance of course.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as Doakes violating Harry's code, while he is technically not a "bad guy," he has killed multiple people in cold blood (obv not counting special forces [censored]) while on duty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to recall dexter mentioned that Harry's code allowed killing for self preservation, but I could be mistaken.

On another note does anybody remember Dexter checking a car out of the police dept?
Old 11-21-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On another note does anybody remember Dexter checking a car out of the police dept?

[/ QUOTE ] he killed before the show. He wasnt a first time killer in episode 1.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] he killed before the show. He wasnt a first time killer in episode 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you would think if it was it was a big break in the case they would have included it in earlier episodes.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But you would think if it was it was a big break in the case they would have included it in earlier episodes.

[/ QUOTE ] its a big break but at the same time they dont keep records so it doesnt directly lead to anyone.

Everytime I watch the preview it makes me so pumped for the episode. I cant wait for dexter to see the box and be asked to analyze them. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 05:42 AM

pr0crast,

Good post. However this: "lundy has no idea that it's dexter. we will know if he starts to suspect dexter by if/when lundy starts distancing himself from deb" is wrong IMO. I'm going to rewatch the ep later, but it seemed to me that Lundy is using Deb to some degree.

After seeing Dex's previous move (the manifesto) backfire horribly, I suspect that Lundy will figure that Doakes being so obviously suspicious while Dexter tries to be seemingly helpful makes the latter look more guilty.

One possibility is that he will attempt to use Deb to get more info on Dexter somehow, and Deb will have to make a call between the two (obv choosing Dexter). Not sure if this means Lundy dies or what, this is obviously a long shot anyway.

Another possibility is that, to make the Doakes/Dex team seem more realistic, Doakes somehow gets suspected of the murders but Dexter clears him in some fashion.

Not sure how Lila is going to play into things, but the Lila/Rita saga is clearly not over.

This show rules.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:25 PM

tmfs,

Lundy stated that it's okay to kill to protect innocent lives. This makes killing Lila (and possibly Doakes) fair game.

All,

Having Lundy "use" Deb to get closer to Dexter/further his investigation seems like too much of a retread of season 1. I hope it's not the case.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:59 PM

the thing that makes it so hard to know what is going to happen is that this is a relatively moral sort of show, which is necessary because the subject matter is so dark.

so it's really hard for them to have dexter kill lundy or even frame doakes, because that would cast him in too bad a light.

but on the other hand they can't exactly put dexter away and end the show when it's just getting popular.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GIVEN

-dex can't kill doakes, b/c it would violate's harry's code

[/ QUOTE ]
At this point I don't think it's a given that Dex won't violate Harry's code.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GIVEN

-dex can't kill doakes, b/c it would violate's harry's code

[/ QUOTE ]
At this point I don't think it's a given that Dex won't violate Harry's code.

[/ QUOTE ]
The ONLY way Dex can violate Harry's code is if Doakes convinces Dex that Harry was an evil lunatic who killed Dex's mom to prevent his wife from learning about their affair, thus invalidating the code.

Self defense doesn't violate the code though, but I'm 95% sure Doakes isn't going to try to kill Dexter.