Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-29-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Sleeping at work

Is proposing to get a full wall in front of you out of the question? If you can do that, you can move your comp to the corner where your back would be to the opening of the cube and you can catch ur snoozes.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:47 PM

i knew a guy in highschool who worked in a warehouse and he said they had large boxes filled with toilet paper rolls. he would empty half of the box, crawl in and take a nap.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:49 PM

If you're not going to be noticed away from your desk, go sleep in the toilets, sitting on the closed toilet seat, leaning against the wall. I have done this at times when I was dead tired from playing poker all night, but it was in my lunchbreak, and it made me feel like a tramp. Not very comfortable, either.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:50 PM

Hopefully you don't snore or roll around a lot.

Done this many a time, using both methods you suggested. First off, it really doesnt help that much. If anything you get more tired because you doze in and out of sleep and are paranoid about getting caught. So keep that in mind.

Sitting up is definitely the best way to do it, because the worst that happens is somebody comes in and sees you and makes a joke like, "Hows that nap going?" and you will respond with "Oh noz I had a wet dream" (happened to me many times at work/school). If you know that nobody will come in your cube and use your comp if you are under the desk, you can do that, but there also might be cameras in the office. If you snore, obv you cant do that.

And wtf, dont bring a blanket and pillow, are you an idiot? Why dont you just change into pajamas with a little nite hat if you are gonna do that?

Sleep with your head on your hand or head on your desk and just say you dozed off if you get caught. Go to the bathroom, sit on the toilet and take a 30 minute nap. Say you had diarrhea. Go to your car and sleep. If the owners and guy from desk 1 arent there certain days, go sleep in their offices since nobody will come by. Good luck.

You're never gonna hit 10k by the end of December if you waste all your perfectly good posting time sleeping.

[ QUOTE ]
go sleep in the toilets, sitting on the closed toilet seat, leaning against the wall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am definitely not sleeping on the crapper lol
Old 11-29-2007, 04:54 PM

Horrible idea, but:

Go out to your car, park it away from everyone else and sleep.

If you sleep at your desk and get caught just say that you were up all night sick and didn't want to miss work.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:54 PM

Why not just go out to your car? Thats what I do.

I'm also a "coordinator" for my company and ofton have stretches where I have no work for days. After a few months of extreme boredom I ran over to the Mervyns down the street and bought me a nice little pillow for 9.99. Now everyday from 11:00 to 12:15 I pull my car to the top of the parking structure, turn on some talk radio and pass out for an hour. It really helps, I'm not sure if I could go back to a workday without a nap.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:55 PM

I work in a small office and take naps occasionally. Best bet is in your chair. If you get caught once lay off it for awhile, but the first time would be shrugged off with a lame excuse if your not caught again.

It would be best if you avoided napping at all when the owners are there.