Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2007, 12:05 AM

Default Golf NVG thread

Like the forum in the subject, this should serve as a good low-content thread. Probably more "G" than the other two but we'll see how it goes.

Guys I know some stuff about not just from the media:

Tim Clark - nice guy, respected, loves to drink.

Vijay Singh - great sense of humor per John Daly, my mother swears he was a huge PITA to volunteers at the John Deere tournament but I'm inclined to like Veej so would prefer this to be false. Particularly as since we have heard he's very popular among tour players.

Ted Purdy - OK this is a bit of a reach since he's not a marquee player (although he flirted with making the President's Cup until he had an off year in 2007), but he was on my HS golf team and won the Byron Nelson and lost in a several hole playoff to Stewart Cink at Harbour Town one year. Super nice guy, currently working with a hard-core personal trainer (the guy charges like $800/person/month and teaches only group sessions) and has dropped a ton of weight. Hoping for big things in 2008.

John Daly - likes to piss on tarmacs and make fun of one-armed people.

This is just trying to get the ball started. I know I have some more - and hopefully better - ones, but personaly experiences with and resulting opinions of pros should be interesting.