Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-27-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: *Official* Philadelphia E-A-G-L-E-S Thread (2007-2008)

[ QUOTE ]
Certainly it was a terrible throw, that is not questionable.

[/ QUOTE ]

One that McNabb would be getting absolutely shredded for if he had thrown it. Specifically by some of the same people slurping AJ's sack in this thread.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One that McNabb would be getting absolutely shredded for if he had thrown it. Specifically by some of the same people slurping AJ's sack in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT
Old 11-27-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're implying that we're biased against McNabb, you're wrong. I've been a huge supporter of his throughout his career (look up my posts last year and earlier this year if you don't believe me). But in my eyes, there is no denying that he is very much responsible for our struggles this year (whether due to injury or decline) and that in general, Feeley is a more accurate QB (though that's obviously not the only factor). Yes, that pick was a poor decision, but it doesn't override the fact his completion percentage against one of the best defenses in the league was lower than only two games of McNabb's this year, and that he simply looked more poised and effective in the pocket.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, that pick was a poor decision, but it doesn't override the fact his completion percentage against one of the best defenses in the league was lower than only two games of McNabb's this year, and that he simply looked more poised and effective in the pocket.

[/ QUOTE ]

new englands secondary is terrible, aside from samuel the rest of it is pathetic. im really surprised the eagles are the first team to attack it, and im not surprised at all by the game feeley had
Old 11-27-2007, 04:20 PM

I agree McNabb would be getting ripped to shreds had he thrown that pick, but it wouldnt have mattered if he was playing because the eagles would be done by 40 points anyway. I have at least been consistent in my ripping of McNabb, and will remain so.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:07 PM

I'm amazed at the short memories some people have. I just heard a caller on 950 talk about how McNabb struggled last year. Jody Mac then went through his games from last year and seemed to think McNabb had done pretty well.

It made me wonder how other "mobile QBs" had done in years where they were hurt/played part of a season. Here are some figures for Elway after losing 3 Super Bowls, and Young after his one Super Bowl win (who had better weapons than McNabb has had):
<ul type="square">
QB year GP YPA TD INT
Elway 1992 12 7.1 10 17
Young 1995 11 7.2 20 11
Young 1996 12 7.6 14 6
McNabb 2006 10 8.4 18 6
McNabb 2007 10 7.1 13 6[/list]
Sorry I don't know how to format this better. I wonder how many people thought these two were finished at the time. Young went on to have two more pretty good years before he was done; Elway went on to win two Super Bowls before he hung it up. Maybe this tells us nothing, but I thought McNabb's numbers compared well to the two Hall of Famers.

For this year I don't think it matters who the QB is, this team is unlikely to make the playoffs either way, and if they do it will be one-and-done. The real question is, with McNabb's salary, his injury history and a #2 draft pick in the wings, do you bring him back next year, or trade him to the Vikes in the off-season and see what Kolb can do.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:15 PM

McNabb did not practice all week. Looks like AJ fans will get their wish and see him play at least one more time. Let's hope for another good performance; even if they aren't a playoff team I'd like to see a competitive game at least.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:45 PM

At least Alexander is gonna start for the hawks tomorrow. We'll get to see him fall down like a little girl after 3 yards all day
Old 12-01-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At least Alexander is gonna start for the hawks tomorrow. We'll get to see him fall down like a little girl after 3 yards all day

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw he was going to play, but he's starting?! God Holmgren is stubborn.