View Poll Results: Who is hotter?
Charlize Theron 160 42.11%
Ana Beatriz Barros 220 57.89%
Voters: 380. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
This is getting scary.
Only hear about those things regarding FTP...

[/ QUOTE ]

This hapens all the time at UB and they are 100X more shadier about it than ftp is.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I did play a player I've never played before at 100/200 and he lost about 15 grand to me. He was horrible . He went on to a 200/400 Hu table and donked off the remaining 8 grand he had left. i don't recall his name.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has to be your issue. However regardless of this, FTP and all decent sites should have some kind of "account manager" for frequent and loyal players. I can understand the sleepless nights it can cause to have $47k suspended and many of these issues can be resolved if OP could simply speak to someone familiar on the telephone at FTP and they provide some reassurance to the situation. Some people have referred to insurance claims etc. waiting more than 11 days, however the point is they would at least have a contact to keep you informed of the situation.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:18 PM

sillysal,

I'll touch base with the security team on your case. While I don't know the details of your situation, it's likely they are waiting on information from other sources.

This doesn't excuse you being kept in the dark though. I'll see what I can find out by tomorrow.

Sean
Old 10-23-2007, 08:23 PM

Did you used to play a lot on Full Contact? I think i remember you playing a lot of HU there
Old 10-23-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sillysal,

I'll touch base with the security team on your case. While I don't know the details of your situation, it's likely they are waiting on information from other sources.

This doesn't excuse you being kept in the dark though. I'll see what I can find out by tomorrow.

Sean

[/ QUOTE ]

HOLY HELL! off all the things i expected from this thread, a ftp rep wasnt one of them!

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 08:33 PM

I know SillySal and she is a very scary HU limit player. What she does, she does very well. This is inexcusable customer service from FT and crap like this certainly influences whether I play on PS or FT. I've had to deal with FT support in the past and it has been adequate to poor most of the time. PS has always been good to very good and in the wake of the AP scandal, I trust them a whole lot more now. If you're #2 in the market and you want to be #1, you can't dick around players like this. I hope FTPSean can get involved with this and get it resolved. It is a step in the right direction.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sillysal,

Sean

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sean.

I have recieved correspondence from jeremy E just about 20 minutes ago. He is apologetic for taking longer than the original 96 hours. He says he knows it is frustrating that he cannot be completely forthcoming with information.

While I appreciate that someone has responded to me, I agree with Bouglas (read above post by him) that it would be nice to have a REAL voice at FTP to speak with. As Bouglas stated and I'm sure all of you would imagine, that yes, I have had many sleepless nites and my nerves are very frayed. Receiving an ominous letter and just getting booted off the site with noone to reassure me that my money will not be confiscated can really mess with one's head. Being promised that after 96 hours all would be resolved and now we are into day 12. I have asked them to call me and ask me whatever they need, I've sent them everything they've asked for and then some. I was tempted to send in my last pap smear results and give them my daily BM report but felt that may have been overkill.

Any help at this stage would be great. Thanks
Old 10-23-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you can answer the following questions, I might be able to give you some better insight into your account investigation and as to what they are actually examining right now.

How long have you played on Full Tilt?
Do you always play high stakes HU matches?
Did you recently make any credit card deposits?

Also, check your HH and see if there have been any new and erratic players that have recently lost a lot to you. You might be the victim of a chip dump and be completely unaware of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been on Fulltilt almost on a daily basis for well over a year.

Yes, I always play Hu mathces

No, I've had NO credit card deposits.

I did do a PtoP transfer but I've known the person for a very long time.

I did play a player I've never played before at 100/200 and he lost about 15 grand to me. He was horrible . He went on to a 200/400 Hu table and donked off the remaining 8 grand he had left. i don't recall his name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sillysal,

It appears that you are the victim of a potential chip dump and they are investigating to make sure you have no relationship/association/any doing with the alleged fraudsters.

Depending on how many players are involved then it can take up to weeks to finish depending on the amount of resources available and devoted to tracking the players down and given the site's history for regular crashes reported here on 2+2, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have a strong back-end software to sustain customer support either. This would explain why your emails are taking so long to respond to right now, if you get any response at all.

I am appalled at Full Tilt's failure to at least disclose in a little more detail why they are performing an investigation on your account. Full details don't have to be released, but for a long time standing player like yourself they should give you more credit and treat you better.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Henry - these complaints come up at FT all the time.
They almost never come up at Stars.
Is it because Stars never investigates their players?
Or is it because when Stars sees a situation they actually communicate with the players and work hard to resolve the situation quickly due partly to realizing that they are being paid to do exactly that and also due to realizing that their customers who keep $47k on there deserve quick resolution.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had my Stars account locked. I can't remember for how long but it was at least 2 weeks and maybe 3.

It wasn't till at least a week in that I finally was told what the investigation was about. A group of us that played at the local game would lend each other money and then settle up via Stars. One of them eventually committed some kind of charge-back fraud.

You have to remember that the site needs to deal with 3rd parties. So if the site is waiting on a decision from VISA the site can't do anything.

It sucks but I've had B&M banks do the same thing a couple of time simply because of making and withdrawing large cash amounts. No cheques just cash yet because of the quantities they locked my accounts. Twice it happened when I was away from home which really sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Henry17,

What Stars did was valid there. If you are not playing much and are p2ping money often enough, especially using credit cards then they should be locking accounts down and doing more heavy investigation. Also, the greater your relationship with the player that commits fraud, the less likely they are to release more information for the simple reason that they do not want you jumping around telling all your fraud buddies what they need to watch out for in order not to get caught.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:29 PM

I had 27K frozen on FTP for six weeks. It was a very stressfull time for me. I was cleared and had my account re-opened and funds returned.

So as everyone else is saying, if you did nothing wrong you'll get it back.

However the communication was poor. FTP could never tell me ANY details of the investigation. Thats the most frustrating part

Best of luck