Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Fold AA for one bet?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's another poster that has a misnomer for a handle and poker advice that's so bad he's quickly going to wind up on the ignore list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good players know when to hold 'em... but also when to fold 'em! Other players spew their chips in hopeless situations and wonder why they can't win [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No winning player on this forum would fold this flop for 1 bet.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's another poster that has a misnomer for a handle and poker advice that's so bad he's quickly going to wind up on the ignore list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good players know when to hold 'em... but also when to fold 'em! Other players spew their chips in hopeless situations and wonder why they can't win [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can only fold if and only if your opponent flips his cards over and shows you AT exactly. The problem with your line of though is you're only looking to see if you are winning or not (river decision) against the price you pay to see the next card and improve. With 6 cards in the deck to improve your hand and the money in the pot already, you definitely need to see the turn. The situation is not "hopeless" as you put it. Give it some thought, and let it sink in. We're all here to learn.

Garland
Old 10-30-2007, 04:26 PM

I'm kinda shocked you're considering folding this hand for one bet at any point. It seems like a standard call down after the flop check raise. I don't like raising again for value at an point and I really like the turn card. She could easily be betting a worse hand for value, KQ seeming to be the most likely.

Although the more I think about this hand, if she is reasonable postflop, your hand is in quite bad shape.

Would she 4 bet you preflop with AK? The more likely she is to have 4 bet with AK, the less I like your hand. If she'd just call the preflop 3-bet with AK, then the call down is really easy.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm kinda shocked you're considering folding this hand for one bet at any point. It seems like a standard call down after the flop check raise. I don't like raising again for value at an point and I really like the turn card. She could easily be betting a worse hand for value, KQ seeming to be the most likely.

Although the more I think about this hand, if she is reasonable postflop, your hand is in quite bad shape.

Would she 4 bet you preflop with AK? The more likely she is to have 4 bet with AK, the less I like your hand. If she'd just call the preflop 3-bet with AK, then the call down is really easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think is a real legit point... against me (meaning I was playing pretty tight for a change)... I think against my 3 bet range she hates AK. it's possible she has AK and is trying to blow me off another AK or an under pair that I ridiculously tried to continuation bet that flop
Old 10-31-2007, 11:53 PM

just because she plays as big at 2/4 doesn't mean she is good.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:06 AM

Never fold for one bet in this hand anywhere.

The C/R could easily be AK, AQ, AJ, no?

I'd just call down after the CR.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're probably facing a straight or a set (JJ-QQ, as she didn¨'t cap it) here. I would have folded on the flop. Of course there is a slim chance for a split if she has ATs but it really is.. slim. A bet saved is a bet earned!

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you just put her on a straight or a set? This analysis seems to have little basis on what is probable and more just on fear.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:38 PM

Your suppose to fold AA preflop, It's a zen thing!