Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Just turned pro got a couple questions?

the scripts automatically click time for you. Your ROI will drop most likely when you add more tables, but your hourly increases (since you are playing more). Hourly is more important than having a high roi. I don't play 6 max so I don't know how many most 6 maxers play at a time. Almost all my reads are dependent on PT stats and certain common patterns I have observed.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:35 PM

By the way this UFC tonight is about to be so sick. Im going with Vera and Silva for the winners.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I play $12 6 max and I couldn't imagine more than 2 tabling them since they are so read dependent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Level?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean level? $12 buy-in if thats what your talking about.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I play $12 6 max and I couldn't imagine more than 2 tabling them since they are so read dependent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Level?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean level? $12 buy-in if thats what your talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 10-20-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way this UFC tonight is about to be so sick. Im going with Vera and Silva for the winners.

[/ QUOTE ]
bah the ufc tonight is going to be a waste of my money that fight is going to suck sylvia is goint to sit on vera and nothing will happen

Then the judges will go will i guess sylvia did better cuz his as was on veras face so he wins.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jk, you could live off 12k-24k a year? The cost of living must be ridiculously low where you live...

A 20" monitor is essential. This is the first monitor I got and it is phenomenal, CDN prices shown, expect to pay a little more USD (haha)... http://accessories.dell.com/sna/ProductD...mp;sku=320-4687

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] i live for either 300 rent or free depending on which frinds i live with at the time. so i can get by with like 500$ however it sucks bad lol

This is why i decided to finally play a decent amount of poker. I would like to find out if i can really "LIVE" on poker.

So far so good like 3.5k profits with like 1-1.5 in rakeback. plus pretty much 300ish from leaderboard garnateed already
Old 10-20-2007, 11:12 PM

Honestly, if you're single and have no kids or debt to worry about ([censored] up your credit rating has some rather serious long-term effects), give it a shot. Nothing to lose and you'll hate yourself later in life if you don't.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, if you're single and have no kids or debt to worry about ([censored] up your credit rating has some rather serious long-term effects), give it a shot. Nothing to lose and you'll hate yourself later in life if you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, what the hell, give it a shot, but realize that your current sample size is relatively meaningless as to what your true ROI will be.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, what the hell, give it a shot, but realize that your current sample size is relatively meaningless as to what your true ROI will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

Your current experience is pretty much insignificant (not being rude - just honest) in terms of trying to determine whether or not you're a winning player, much less whether your ROI is sustainable (it isn't). But from what you've posted so far, you're at a point in your life where you can [censored] around a bit and take a shot. Later on you may not have that opportunity.

The reactions you get on here are going to vary, but if you actually listen to the advice you get from those that give serious responses (and there are MANY people on here worth listening too if they deign to give you advice), you will go much further than if you continue to be defensive.

GL either way.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:40 AM

lol I can just imagine going to my friends places with my 2 20"+ monitors and CPUs asking if I can "crash" for several months while I play poker 8 hours a day, sleep in till 3 pm and eat hot pockets all day. Oh also get ridiculous drunk and swear a lot.

jk, do you have msn?