Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Moving from Playdough to Real Dough

OH Hey.. If I post my Poker Tracker stats for my 1K hands for Omaha can you tell me what they mean? I didn't bother to because I read posts where people get told it isn't enough hands to tell what the stats mean.

Also how do you post the image? I tried to do it but I think because I used my [censored] site it won't let you post from there or something.. anyways it didnt work.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:36 PM

If you want to go to a site that really will buy your play chips and come through on their word, I recommend

http://www.buyandsellchips.com/index.html

He is available on AIM or e-mail. I talked to him on AIM, sent him my play chips, and he sent me the money directly to my Stars account within 5 minutes.

I am new to real money too, so I wanted to "deposit" without having to spend my own $$. Transferring play money is a good way to get a small BR in order to play micro stakes.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:59 AM

I read that you can use image shack to post images.

Okay here is 1K of my hands. Keep in mind this 1K also contains a day where I droped down $77 bucks then came back up.

If anyone has input I'd appreciate it even though I know it is just a small sample of my hands. I will be getting Poker Track Omaha the full version soon so I can use it effectively.

Old 09-17-2007, 02:40 PM

This is kind of counter intuitive but 1c2c and 2c4c seems nitty as hell, it's packed with ultra grinders from Uzbeqistan or something, playing only premium hands albeit badly. Then when you get to 5c10c and 10c25 people are playing like true idiots. There are still many idiots at the lowest stakes but there seem to be too many grinders not wanting to lose their last $5. For instance a 10c25c table will often have a $9-10 (40bb) avg pot, and a 2c4c table will be struggling to break a $1 (25bb) avg. Just IMO..
Old 09-18-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OH Hey.. If I post my Poker Tracker stats for my 1K hands for Omaha can you tell me what they mean? I didn't bother to because I read posts where people get told it isn't enough hands to tell what the stats mean.

Also how do you post the image? I tried to do it but I think because I used my [censored] site it won't let you post from there or something.. anyways it didnt work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm afraid I don't know much about Omaha.

The FAQ in the Omaha High forum says, "Q: How are my Poker Tracker stats? A: Impossible to tell. This isn't limit hold em and your stats aren't going to mean much. Post hands instead."

So, I guess my advice about PT and an HUD ("Heads Up Display") is more for hold'em games (limit and no limit).

Regarding stats for NL games, below is a good thread to check out for some samples of other 2+2 players' stats at SSNL.
Summary of the Voluntary Statistics Survey
Old 09-18-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to go to a site that really will buy your play chips and come through on their word, I recommend

http://www.buyandsellchips.com/index.html

He is available on AIM or e-mail. I talked to him on AIM, sent him my play chips, and he sent me the money directly to my Stars account within 5 minutes.

I am new to real money too, so I wanted to "deposit" without having to spend my own $$. Transferring play money is a good way to get a small BR in order to play micro stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it illegal to dump or sell play money chips? And why in the world would anyone want to buy play money chips?
Old 09-18-2007, 06:21 PM

Great post! Lots of great info from Poker Clif and others. I am about to make the hop from play $ to real $ in a week or two, so I've been doing my homework. My plan was to play micro stakes PLO, as well as 1TT's for NLHE. I was considering Full Tilt at first, but everything I've read indicates that PokerStars is a good place to start since I'm only going to start with $100. I've had a good bit of success playing cash games around town for a few years. I feel like I've been missing out on a lot by never playing online.

Of course, it probably took that time playing cash games to convince the wife that the move to online play is worth it. Funny how they complain when you spend the first couple months losing/learning, but support you when you start to win consistently. Damn women! (No offense Janelle [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
Old 09-19-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny how they complain when you spend the first couple months losing/learning, but support you when you start to win consistently. Damn women! (No offense Janelle [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as I can say "Damn men!" it's cool. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I just started playing on PokerStars now and noticed there is a whole lot of fish which is BAD and GOOD. So be careful.. lol I found myself take huge stacks and then lose huge stacks because they love to gamble! so I am only up $10 bucks on there right now. Course I only have played for past 3 days and not many hands on PokerStars.

BEST of luck to you!
Old 09-19-2007, 04:14 PM

I'm used to playing with fish all the time, so that's fine. It used to frustrate me years ago trying to make a move on some call station luckbox who hits a two outer on the river four or five times a night (aka, one of my best friends, the bastard). I am by no means a great player, but I know my limits. I know what I can beat, and I have a whole lot of patience thanks to my 3.5 year old identical twin girls.

Thanks, and grats on all your success so far!
Old 09-19-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great post! Lots of great info from Poker Clif and others. I am about to make the hop from play $ to real $ in a week or two, so I've been doing my homework. My plan was to play micro stakes PLO, as well as 1TT's for NLHE. I was considering Full Tilt at first, but everything I've read indicates that PokerStars is a good place to start since I'm only going to start with $100. I've had a good bit of success playing cash games around town for a few years. I feel like I've been missing out on a lot by never playing online.

Of course, it probably took that time playing cash games to convince the wife that the move to online play is worth it. Funny how they complain when you spend the first couple months losing/learning, but support you when you start to win consistently. Damn women! (No offense Janelle [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife didn't think my poker playing was a good idea. Now, when she asks how much I won and I give her a number, she says "I want more".

"At least I got my entry fee back" is definitely not the right answer.