Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: PLO in Vegas during the WSOP---Please keep here

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately not. Two guys were in for like $5000. Another two for $1000 and the rest of us in the $300-$500 range.

Also a few of the players insisted on the button straddle every orbit so a lot of hands were $10 to go. Whatever though, at least people weren't raising pre-flop constantly. I really need to stop calling pot sized raises with 5678ish hands hoping to flop huge because that's where all my profit went today...

I asked if you were there because at least 3 of the guys at my table wreaked of 2+2 but it feels too awkward for me to shout out a "sup bro!" Ya know?

[/ QUOTE ]

don't ever stop calling with those hands... that is all
Old 06-10-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who were the players sitting on 5k+?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old eastern european megafish in seat 2 and seemingly good 2+2 type in seat 8.

[ QUOTE ]
That sounds like the game I was in. I was in seat 8 with about 1K but left quickly to go play HORSE event, a guy on my left bought in for 5K or so. A guy in seat 2 stacked off for $500 twice with nothing (once to me, yay), then found out that there was no cap, and just put all his money on the table, around $3500. I really didn't want to leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, I knew I'd find someone from that game on here. Are you sure you don't mean the 7 seat though (we were only 9 handed)? You're the one who originally sat in seat 8 and then switched with the guy in seat 7, right? I was in the 3 seat, BTW. I don't remember your face vividly since you weren't there too long as you said, but if I recognize you next time I'll say what's up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2007, 11:51 PM

i gather they are all full ring games? i cant stand full ring, let alone one table...anyone have an estimation of how many hands are being played per hour in these games? thanks
Old 06-11-2007, 05:10 AM

I dunno I suck at keeping track of time. Definitely less hands than at any hold em table though. Particularly tonight because of one annoying guy who kept calling the floor over for everything and bickering with the table. Once because he reraised someone and didn't realize the guy was already all-in. Asked to take his chips back because he was trying to blow the guy off his hand. Please...

I caught the ass end of variance tonight and blew $600. Biggest losing night since I got to Vegas =/

Dealt at least 40 pocket pairs, didn't hit a SINGLE set, even in hands where I folded pre-flop. Again probably called too many pre-flop raises with marginal holdings. I also bluffed away $100 to the 2+2 type with 5k behind (he was at my table again) when I missed my heart, spade AND open ended straight draw on the river and he made a good call with middle set. Missed a huge wrap at the end to blow my last $100. I couldn't even tell you where the other money went. I'm starting to lose confidence in myself... Will try with $300 one more time next week and if I lose that I'll have to cut myself off. I can't afford these swings.

BTW Kutuz, was that you in the #1 seat? It was either you or the guy who replaced you yesterday, I couldn't quite remember.

I'm off to sulk with my bong and some frozen pizza now >_<
Old 06-11-2007, 10:43 AM

Just from your tone it sounds like you're not being aggressive enough. Just say the word "pot" randomly from hand to hand!
Old 06-11-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just from your tone it sounds like you're not being aggressive enough. Just say the word "pot" randomly from hand to hand!

[/ QUOTE ]

replace randomly with "everytime the dealer looks at you"

profit
Old 06-11-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno I suck at keeping track of time. Definitely less hands than at any hold em table though. Particularly tonight because of one annoying guy who kept calling the floor over for everything and bickering with the table. Once because he reraised someone and didn't realize the guy was already all-in. Asked to take his chips back because he was trying to blow the guy off his hand. Please...

I caught the ass end of variance tonight and blew $600. Biggest losing night since I got to Vegas =/

Dealt at least 40 pocket pairs, didn't hit a SINGLE set, even in hands where I folded pre-flop. Again probably called too many pre-flop raises with marginal holdings. I also bluffed away $100 to the 2+2 type with 5k behind (he was at my table again) when I missed my heart, spade AND open ended straight draw on the river and he made a good call with middle set. Missed a huge wrap at the end to blow my last $100. I couldn't even tell you where the other money went. I'm starting to lose confidence in myself... Will try with $300 one more time next week and if I lose that I'll have to cut myself off. I can't afford these swings.

BTW Kutuz, was that you in the #1 seat? It was either you or the guy who replaced you yesterday, I couldn't quite remember.

I'm off to sulk with my bong and some frozen pizza now >_<

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you should focus your attention on those 5678-type hands instead of pocket pairs.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:26 PM

I played for a couple of hours in a 1-2 uncapped game at Binions the other day and the action was sick. proper utg straddle most hands, most people over $1000 deep and had no clue what they were doing. $1500+ pots very common. don't know if it's a regular thing or not, but it was such a good game I imagine it would be higher-e.v. than the 2-5 at the Rio (at least the ones I've played).
Old 06-11-2007, 07:34 PM

The 2/5 game at the Rio was sick soft with 2 huge donks playing with deep stacks, then they left and the game was not that great. I think the rule you can use for the Rio games is that if there are 2+ people over 50 with a huge stack, the game is probably great.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played for a couple of hours in a 1-2 uncapped game at Binions the other day and the action was sick. proper utg straddle most hands, most people over $1000 deep and had no clue what they were doing. $1500+ pots very common. don't know if it's a regular thing or not, but it was such a good game I imagine it would be higher-e.v. than the 2-5 at the Rio (at least the ones I've played).

[/ QUOTE ]

does binions actually spread plo regularly or was this a wsop thing?

heading out wed night to sign up for the 1500$ plo on thurs, looking for something juicy for wed night. and probably thurs if things go bad.