Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2007, 03:39 PM

Default National Novel Writing Month Throwdown

In a few days, National Novel Writing Month will be upon us once again. One year ago, WillMagic posted a public challenge to OOT: Write a novel of 50,000 words or more within the thirty days of November, or die trying.

Many tried. Many died. November is almost here, and I don't see a NaNoWriMo thread for 2007. I'm starting this one for updates, questions, answers, excuses, and taunts, but obviously the most important reason is that I want in on the prop bets this year. If you don't want in on the prop bets but do want to show OOT how big your novel-writing junk is, that's fine too.

If you don't have the stones, I leave you with the wisdom of Stewie Griffin:

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Got a a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Got a, got a nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for three years? Huh? Got a, got a compelling protagonist? Yeah? Got a obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Got a story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yeah, talking about that three years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? No, no, you deserve some time off."