Old 08-23-2007, 08:03 PM

Default I feel exploited :(

50nl 6max 5 handed atm

Villain is unknown.

CO $44 stack
Hero covers

HJ folds
CO raises to 2$
Hero raises J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] to 7$ on the button
SB folds
BB folds
CO calls

flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

CO checks, Hero bets 10$, CO raises to 20$, Hero folds

Standard? This (and folding to minraises in general) just feels so exploitable [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2007, 08:19 PM

Default Re: I feel exploited :(

[ QUOTE ]

Standard? This (and folding to minraises in general) just feels so exploitable [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, don't fold. We have the best hand until proven otherwise (a passive player following up with a turn bet that means business might be enough evidence). CO would reraise pf with QQ or AA. Lots of people try this with a pp < JJ.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:21 PM

What does he call your pfraise with that doesn't beat you and c/r's this board? If he called with TT- or AQs, he has to give you credit for being ahead here. AK is a big part of his range.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:34 PM

If you plan on folding to a check-raise, then don't bet. You're just turning your hand in to a bluff when you do that, and this hand wants to show down.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:34 PM

if it feels exploitable check the flop. Also look at villains check raise percentage if he doesnt really do it often you can safely bet and fold
Old 08-24-2007, 07:32 AM

I was just about to post a hand along the same lines.

your hand only beats a bluff and it's early in the betting with more betting to go...

If you always fold, then they can win so much money with bluffs...

If you always call, then they can take so much money off you when they hit the scare card they are representing..

So the key is to sometimes call, and sometimes call the next bet and sometimes call the final bet. Also sometimes check/raising on future streets.

But my question is how you go about doing this?
How do you assign a "bluff catching" range that minimizes your exploitability?

Im sure 100% sure JJ is in the "call the flop" range.. But I have no idea how to proceed from the turn.

The hand I was going to post was HU I was OOP in the BBand raised a LP limper with AQ.

Flop A99 with a flush draw

I 1/2 potted, he raised fairly big, I called. (I had been SUPER weak-tight up to this point at the table and had been bullied around on flops like this consitantly)

Turn J without completing the flush draw.
I check, he pushed all in sligthly overbetting the pot.

I folded and felt exploited...
Old 08-24-2007, 08:36 AM

So, contrary to limit, giving a 6 outer a free card isn't a big deal?

Btw, villain is unknown => no stats yet so I can't check flop c/r
Old 08-24-2007, 01:52 PM

Although your giving a free card your making the hand infinitely easier for you to play.
-If opponent hits his pair he cant play it strong on paired board pots small you missed out on some fold equity in small pot oh well.
- You give opp opportunity to think he has best hand which will promote possible calling of bets which he is behind of or taking the lead and making bets you can easily take to sd with
- Makes it tough for opponent to get value out of his k bc he is either afraid you may have a monster or that you have nothing and doesn’t want you to fold

I am not saying that checking this flop is best option but if you still feel uncomfortable facing a raise on this flop then although you are giving a free card it wont hurt you as much as being put in a crap situation facing your stack. Also no need for balance in this play bc opponents aren’t observant enough to realize you never check through a king here.