Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-28-2007, 06:47 AM

Default Re: N9ne Steakhouse in Vegas.

i ate at n9ne 2 months ago. i thought it was an outstanding meal. it was with a group of 8, and every single plate was delicious and well-prepared.

i'd highly recommend the mushroom stuffed with crab as an appetizer, the asparagus as a side or appetizer, and creme brulee for dessert. all 3 were simply incredible.

i can't compare the steaks to delmonico's or craftsteak, though, as i have yet to eat at either of those places. i don't think you'll be disappointed with n9ne, though.

some of my friends didn't get drinks or anything and only spent $60. i had a few drinks and sides and such and spent $130. so yeah i'd figure around 100/person unless you think you'll get a lot of drinks/wine.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:08 PM

Craftsteak has an excellent Kobe platter that serves the beef in several different ways, all the chefs decision, with sides that compliment each dish. There were 7 of us and we ran it up to about 1700 after tip, but might have been one of the best meals i have had in vegas.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:29 PM

The mushroom stuffed crab sounds delicious. SW might be worth checking out it sounds like...I made reservations for N9ne on Saturday, so maybe SW tomorrow night. Thanks for the responses...
Old 11-28-2007, 08:53 PM

I've eaten at pretty much every upper level place in Las Vegas, and for steak by far the best place I've eaten is Stripsteak at the Mandalay Bay.

I thought Aqua at the B was sub par, so I wouldn't have even tried Stripsteak because both are Micheal Mina restraunts.

That said, I ate there on Saturday, and it was the best meal I've ever had. The American Kobe End Cut Ribeye was unbelievable.

It can easily top $200 per person with wine, but it's worth it.

http://www.michaelmina.net/stripsteak/index.html
Old 11-28-2007, 10:13 PM

Okay, if you don't drink wine and you don't want to leave your arms and legs with the cashier, where is a good steak place?
Old 11-29-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've eaten at pretty much every upper level place in Las Vegas, and for steak by far the best place I've eaten is Stripsteak at the Mandalay Bay.

I thought Aqua at the B was sub par, so I wouldn't have even tried Stripsteak because both are Micheal Mina restraunts.

That said, I ate there on Saturday, and it was the best meal I've ever had. The American Kobe End Cut Ribeye was unbelievable.

It can easily top $200 per person with wine, but it's worth it.

http://www.michaelmina.net/stripsteak/index.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. Guess I'm not cut out for foo-foo food. I couldn't get an ordinary salad there. I asked if they couldn't just throw some lettuce and maybe a couple croutons on a plate. No. They tried to "plain" it down as much as they could, but it was still awful. The steak was good, but the steak sauce was bad. One steak, one nasty salad, one baked potato, and three diet Pepsi's were 94 bucks. That's right, they charge for soda refills. I can't remember the last time I was charged for soda refills in a real sitdown restaurant.

The only good thing about the place is the waitresses all look like strippers. I don't know if that's why they call it Stripsteak or not. All in tight, short black leather and lots of cleavage spilling out.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:43 AM

I have to draw the line somewhere. Charging for soda refills; that's ridiculous IMO and would deter me from any fine dining establishment.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:50 AM

I go to the N9NEs with my friends every time I go to Vegas for one reason STEAK + ATMOSPHERE = BEST IN VEGAS.

There are better steaks in Vegas - Fixx, Delmonicos,etc but no steakhouse has the buzz and the lounge type atmosphere that N9NEs has. The eye candy is stellar and the place rocks. Its the same reason you go to TAO - you can get better Asian food elsewhere but the overall experience is great.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Ugh. Guess I'm not cut out for foo-foo food.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like it.

On the positive side, thanks for the heads up about the waitress attire at Stripsteak.

If not dinner, at least drinks at the bar are now in the queue for some point in the future.