Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 01:44 PM

Default 3/6 stat after 50k hands

Blind structure is 2/3 (Absolute poker) What do you think about my stat?

Old 11-24-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: 3/6 stat after 50k hands

I would tighten up considerably from BB.
Horrible stats from BB makes me think that you have to improve your play from OOP before playing the marginal hands.
This is general advice because I have no idea about how the games at Absolute play and I have no idea about the impact of a 2/3 structure.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:33 PM

For somebody who has won no money it does not look too bad! I think it is easy to fall into the trap of over defending the blinds, the equitues are so close to steal raises and its so hard to play post flop OOP. I think you should fold the bb about 50% and sb over 80% to steal raises. The problem comes when the fools limp or cold call raises. Then you feel obliged to play with thin equity OOP. Getting a range that works is the key to beating the higher limits.

I don't think you are agressive enough on flop or turn. As soon as you think your hand is good raise and reraise for all you're worth. Your variance will increase but you will start to win a load more dosh.

It looks like you've turned it around a bit lately so whatever you did do it again!
Old 11-24-2007, 11:53 PM

move up

With VIP + rb + bonii that should be alt least 1BB/100 hands ~ 500BB ~ 3k USD

If you break even at AP 3/6 you beat stars 10/20

Move up if you like money
Old 11-25-2007, 02:08 AM

Your BB stats are close to optimal--particularly in a 2/3 structure. Your UTG-button stats have the proper spread--you could loosen up a notch in each of them, but it appears you understand position.

Your SB stats are bad and probably the reason for your low WR there. You are folding way too much for a 2/3 structure.

I don't think your WR in the BB is all that bad--I dunno about your games, but in my games anything under -.2 is decent imo.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your BB stats are close to optimal--particularly in a 2/3 structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it is so for the 3/6 Absolute Games and maybe it is so for the 2/3 structure (because there should be many more steals from SB where we have position).But OP still shows -0.19 BB/hand which I think is a very bad figure if he plays in an average 3/6 game.And I don´t think defending as much as OP do is sane in any normal 3/6 game.

Here are my BB stats and I have a corrupted database of 170K more where my BB stats are -0.12 (the vast majority of my +600K hands are from 3/6 but I also have 200 K from 1/2 and 2/4 and about 50 K from 5/10. But there is practically no difference between the different levels except for 5/10 where I defended 55% and had a worse winrate from BB.My folding BB/steal is 63% during this sample overall.

Sometimes I see stat posts from players I play with where they seek help because they´re struggling with their winrate.And I think to myself WTF this guy is as good as me or better than me.How is this possible?

Very often they have a winrate between 0 and 1.And every time the only difference between them and me is that I have a much better BB/hand stats figure.
There are only a few conclusions I can draw from this:

1. One could claim that we don´t know what would happen with my BB BB/hand stats if I defended my BB more.I could miss out value.The flaw with this is that if I would start folding BB 40-50% instead and be showing better numbers from BB that would mean that I would be a much better player than other posters and I don´t think that is true.

2.One could argue that defending BB 10-20 percentage units more or less does not have much impact on your winrate in a typical 3/6 game.And if you do the math you will see that it is true.
Then it means that your BB stats are more a product of how you play your hands from OOP in unraised pots.And I can´t see why we would like to play supermarginal hands against steals when we already in black and white can see that we´re not playing well from this position.

3.The only explanation for my better BB stats is that I´m the best table selector there is.And that could very well be the answer.Because I´m well aware of that I´m a mediocre player compared to most 2+2:ers.You just have to read the posts to understand this.
On the other hand I´m pretty amazed that some 2+2:ers struggling to win enough money because of other factors than their poker skills.Risk aversion being one of them, poor table selection is another one.
I just laugh when I see 4 regular Tags banging their heads against each other when I´m sitting on four tables with nothing else than fish.

Either way if you have -0.19 BB/hand from BB at a 3/6 table you´re doing something wrong.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:27 AM

Look at my stat from 2/4 where I defend less from BB

I really don't know how explain that I am losing less ( at 3/6) when defending more. Seems your theory Apanage is not true for me.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Look at my stat from 2/4 where I defend less from BB

I really don't know how explain that I am losing less ( at 3/6) when defending more. Seems your theory Apanage is not true for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well how much did you fold BB at 2/4?
Leaving samples issues and rake differences between 2/4 and 3/6 behind.The only thing your stats potentially proves is that my original post about you tightening up from BB could be a good thing,was wrong.

But my "theory" post was really attempted to reply to VMACosta:s claim that your BB stats were good and that a figure below -0.20 would be a decent one.
Because it really isn´t good to have -0.21 BB/hand or -0.19 BB/hand.
Regardless of why you have it.

I also think that I left 3 possible explanations to why your stats are so much different than mine.
Defending too much was one of them which you think you can rule out.
You got to stick with what you believe in.So keep on defending
Old 11-25-2007, 09:57 AM

3.The only explanation for my better BB stats is that I´m the best table selector there is.And that could very well be the answer.Because I´m well aware of that I´m a mediocre player compared to most 2+2:ers.You just have to read the posts to understand this.
On the other hand I´m pretty amazed that some 2+2:ers struggling to win enough money because of other factors than their poker skills.Risk aversion being one of them, poor table selection is another one.
I just laugh when I see 4 regular Tags banging their heads against each other when I´m sitting on four tables with nothing else than fish.

Either way if you have -0.19 BB/hand from BB at a 3/6 table you´re doing something wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be it.