Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: I have yet to hear a single good argument for Clinton.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't we just start with stay out of my business and I will say out of yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. Are you planning on having AC-land in Canada? No? Okay, then it's my business.

[ QUOTE ]
Democracy is a fine way to resolve issue of community interest. But forcing people to live a certain way simply because you don't like it is beyond deplorable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you're going to have to convince me and several hundred million others to like AC-land.

[/ QUOTE ]

WE're going to keep beating you up because we can get away with it!
Old 11-16-2007, 04:16 PM

beating people up for fun is clearly the goal of all governments
Old 11-16-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't we just start with stay out of my business and I will say out of yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. Are you planning on having AC-land in Canada? No? Okay, then it's my business.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess it's also the government's business if people are having homosexual sex in their homes since that's not in Canada?
Old 11-16-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I guess it's also the government's business if people are having homosexual sex in their homes since that's not in Canada?

[/ QUOTE ]

Homosexual sex by other people does not directly affect me, unlike choice of government or lack thereof.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with everyone of your rebuttal points. Don't have time to get into each one.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's cool man. I'm ok with you being wrong and I'm glad your ok with it to.

[ QUOTE ]
There have been threads with over 100 pages on social security alone explaining why your idea is bad in some people's opinions. You are free to feel that the market is best at doing everything and that the government isn't but I don't and therefore will be voting for Hillary.

[/ QUOTE ]

the threads can be 200000000000000 pages long. It is still a FACT that I can do better with MY money than the government can. Even if I only put it in my mattress.

The market is not perfect I never have and never will say that. It is simply more efficient and less arbitrary than the government, which has never and will never do anything well. Other than spend money and make thing more complicated than need be.

[ QUOTE ]
If you truly think that by taking away the tax breaks that the big oil companies enjoy (while earning tens of billions in profits) that it will simply be passed on to the consumer then I fear you don't understand the marketplace. It will not be a wash. Their profits will go down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone doesn't understand the marketplace and it isn't me. To begin with if you believe Exxon mobile isn't going to raise its prices to keep up with your taxes please mail me some of what your smokin. Secondly since when is making a profit and being successful a sin? Why is it our business how much money they make?

[/ QUOTE ]

You make my point.

In those endless threads on social security it is explained that it is NOT YOUR MONEY. You are paying the government for services rendered. Social security is not a savings plan- it is a safety net period. If you are such a good investor take what other money you have left over and invest it wisely. Hopefully, you won't need social security when you retire. I did not want to get into this and have this turn into another endless social security thread.

Exxon-Mobil made over 30 billion in profit and still receives several tax breaks. That is ridiculuos. I would like to see all the energy companies owned by the government and run as a non-profit corporation. Making an obscene amount of profit in an industry (energy) that is basically a commodity that one can't do without is wrong in my opinion. Where is there competition or a difference in product? I can choose whether I want to buy a TV or not. And if I want to buy one I have many choices and prices. I can't choose whether to live without energy - I must have it.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In those endless threads on social security it is explained that it is NOT YOUR MONEY. You are paying the government for services rendered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry pal I made the money they took it. No services have been rendered. You and I and every american citizen have been harmed in the process.

[ QUOTE ]

Exxon-Mobil made over 30 billion in profit and still receives several tax breaks. That is ridiculuos. I would like to see all the energy companies owned by the government and run as a non-profit corporation. Making an obscene amount of profit in an industry (energy) that is basically a commodity that one can't do without is wrong in my opinion. Where is there competition or a difference in product? I can choose whether I want to buy a TV or not. And if I want to buy one I have many choices and prices. I can't choose whether to live without energy - I must have it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has got to be in the top 10 most assinine pretzel logics ever posted on these boards.

I need hookers and blow.. I will be by your place later to steal your stash and hump your old lady.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:41 PM

It's awesome (note: not awesome) that every thread needs to become an AC thread, and nothing can be discussed on its own merits.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's awesome (note: not awesome) that every thread needs to become an AC thread, and nothing can be discussed on its own merits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I for one am not AC and am not arguing in favor of AC. Although some narrow minded Hillary pals have thrown the AC card at me.

I was arguing the validity of her platform ( there is none) they brought up AC.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:03 PM

Deleted cause I'm not going to continue your hijack.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, once again a non-Acer has hijacked a non-AC thread into an AC discussion. And this time it was even a mod!