Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 10-17-2007, 12:23 PM

Default How risky is not 3 betting this flop ?

Typical 2/4 game, very passive fish, I am by far the table aggressor.

Button is a solid player, cold calling 3bets is not typical for him. With the cold call, I thought he had to have 10,10-QQ, I am sure QQ+ he caps.
He plays well normally and is a winning player over about 600 hands.

BB is a terrible passive fish, if he raises he has something, otherwise he is happy to call down bottom pair.

Full Tilt 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls.

When I am check raised by the pre flop raiser on a flop such as this, I tend to instantly think, 2 pair or set. Should I raise the others out or try to built a pot where I have nice equity ?

Turn: (10.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB
Old 10-17-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: How risky is not 3 betting this flop ?

Even with a raise they would be getting 9-1 to call which gives them odds to call with any peice of that board and all draws.

So you probably left at least 3 sb out there.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:42 PM

You have to 3 bet the flop. Your equity is great and you can buy outs by kicking out the other players in this big pot. For example, if there is a K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the turn you can beat 2 pair. But everyone has now a GS or [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] FD.

Don't be so sure you are behind on the flop. If utg has AJ or AQ he cr the flop for sure. He can have too a FD or maybe J9.

If button is a decent player, he has not TT. A good hand for multiway like QJs is more likely.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:44 PM

With 4 players in the pot you want to raise the flop for value. He might very well play any ace like this, if he has a set you have 9 outs + running straight, if he has AT you have 12 outs and if he has A8 you have 15 outs (though the T might be dirty, giving somebody else trips). He might also be raising a draw for value, in which case you crush him.

The other 2 players pad the pot so you get a nice overlay.

Rest is standard.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:09 PM

Just jam it!