Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Re: 999 monkeys banging away at 999 typewriters

[ QUOTE ]
I think I am going to retire from posting in Legislation, after the PPA fly-in goes forward this month.

The Engineer is on their Board, they are gearing up to make noise in DC, hopefully they will gear up substantively for writing comments to the Regs (i.e. hold a "what to say" session.)

However, I have little hope that anyone will promote the Wexler Bill, which is the only "poker" bill in the hopper.

I do not expect anything noteworthy AND actionable to happen in the next several months, aside from the Regs Comments. Unless something extraordinary arises, I'm going to go back exclusively to charging for advice instead of giving it away here.

In the meanwhile, please ignore "legal" advice and analysis you see at CardPlayer, G911, or here, it is less meaningful than 1,000 monkeys banging away at 1,000 typewriters*.

(* I should exclude Skall from that characterization)

MiltonFriedman

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope I am not a single part of your reason for your posting vacation.

We've disagreed but you make me think more clearly and better express my arguments.

You will be missed on that basis alone!

D$D
Old 10-09-2007, 04:35 PM

Milton,

Heartfelt thanks for your contributions. See you next week [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I am going to retire from posting in Legislation, after the PPA fly-in goes forward this month.

The Engineer is on their Board, they are gearing up to make noise in DC, hopefully they will gear up substantively for writing comments to the Regs (i.e. hold a "what to say" session.)

However, I have little hope that anyone will promote the Wexler Bill, which is the only "poker" bill in the hopper.

I do not expect anything noteworthy AND actionable to happen in the next several months, aside from the Regs Comments. Unless something extraordinary arises, I'm going to go back exclusively to charging for advice instead of giving it away here.

In the meanwhile, please ignore "legal" advice and analysis you see at CardPlayer, G911, or here, it is less meaningful than 1,000 monkeys banging away at 1,000 typewriters*.

(* I should exclude Skall from that characterization)

MiltonFriedman

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish you a good break. Hopefully you'll check back from time to time.

As for the Wexler bill, the PPA is promoting it. It may not go through this year, but the work on it does help us keep a more positive political environment. This certainly helps keep the games we play online every day available. I realize it's over one year out, but I personally see our position improving in Congress significantly with the next election.