Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Odd / weird foods you eat, most people haven\'t heard of

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
creamed chipped beef.. ever since i was a little tot.. although i don't think it's weird/odd but some people are like huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

My family eats this but we always eat in on toasted white bread. The proper name is SOS, "[censored] on a shingle."

[/ QUOTE ]

Military family? My grandfather was USAF and my mom grew up with the stuff; consequently I did as well, much as I tried to avoid it.

Weirdest thing I eat is def cottage cheese and salsa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a military family per se but I think it may have come from my grandfather. Everyone was "military" in the 40s/50s [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

While it looks like a plate of festering disease, it is very tasty. Anyone who likes biscuits and gravy would dig SOS.

My grandparents and dad used to make scrapple from time to time. Now there's some nasty [censored] that grows on you.

I think scrapple is made from the stuff that IS LEFT OUT OF hot dogs, sausage, and spam.

Funny quote from Wikipedia:

Scrapple was featured on an episode of Taste of America with Mark DeCarlo. Upon entering the facility where Scrapple is produced, the host met with the public relations manager who gave Mark a somewhat ambiguous answer as to what Scrapple is. Upon the PR's invitation to "see what it looks like coming in" referring to the cuts of meat, the PR's superior stepped in and told the crew of the show that not only were they not allowed to film the room but that their tour of the facility was over.