Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Ivey vs. Corey Pavin golf bet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that calculation method would also mean that a scratch (index) golfer is a zero on every course in the world, including the reds and tips on the same course.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is scratch, he does not adjust, the Hdcped golfer adjusts. If the rating is as low as 67 and he shoots 67, or if it is high as 77 which it is here in Minnesota at Hazeltine and he shoots 77 he is still a scratch golfer. He is always a zero. Iveys handicap would change depending on course diffuclty, not the zero handicap.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, it seems that the USGA doesn't calculate course handicaps the same way R&A does. the USGA way is stupid though, since it doesn't incorporate the course rating, which means the course handicap has very little to do with the difficulty of the course. that's dumb.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Ivey vs. Corey Pavin golf bet

[ QUOTE ]
according to a famous poker pro i talked to yesterday, Ivey has a full-time coach and caddie that travel with him and work on his game. I dont think he will be a 15 for long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doyle alluded to this on poker after dark this week when asked which of the young poker pros has the best potential in golf - he said Ivey because he has a really good coach

BTW- Hellmuth is pretty close with Pavin - Pavin is a big poker fan and invited Hellmuth to caddy for him for one round at a PGA event