Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 03:18 AM

Default Live NL200, how to get the max EV?

hello there, im playing in live 1/2 tables 9 handed with buy-in min. 50 and max 200
i need advice how to get the max EV.

these games usually contains about 5 loose passive guys, sometimes maniac and maybe 2-3 tight/weak/agro opponents. which style of play i shold to use?

i certanly have a nice edge over that table; most of the opponents hvnt even heard about odds and going to call you very often. but with their passiveness and avg. players in pot its rather hard to get maximum as i need.

here is hh that may help you to explain with:
my first live cash hand,
9 handed avg stack 240, mine is 150 utg, AQo and i call, knowing the looseness of live games.
here is 3 limps after me, and button raises $10, i call and 2 limpers. Flop is 68Qr, i check with intention to check raise or just call depending of the size, UTG+1 makes it $20, all fold to the button who reraises $50. Now i think my AQ not good as it would be in the web and fold, scared.
These guys make some action futher, made pot is about $200, and the button won with JQ (pair of queens) and the UTG+1 showed 8T.
another game which hcaracterize them: i have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in late position with $180, i raise $16 after two limpers, BB says "wow, nice aces" and call, another guy in UTG called said "he bluff again" (i just won pot w/o showdown with big bets, but still have a tiht image). flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] bb checks, utg all in for $45 and i reraise all in to isolate for about $156. bb thinks a bit and calls; he show A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and uthg shows 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] to get his flush and i luckily got K on river

and so on, they actually bet any pair (even bottom) and other calls whether they have gutshot or another draw. they may even call with nothing hoping to hit a pair but they do that things if the pressure not very big. they also like to use some smilar bets like bet flop 10 bet turn 10 and bet river 20, undependent of the quantity of players. the main problem that they play their strong hand the same way so its hard to recognize whether his 10bet good or not.

in my first games ive never get nice cards and got some wons just by bluff using my tight image.

at moment im using a semi-tag agro style, playing about 25-35% of hands with 8-10% pfr. When i raise i get it max trying to isolate folks, even it makes my hand transparent (btw thats a questionable point. I dont raise with just only good hands but when i want to get the pot by blffing when raise smth like QT in middle position preflop with intention to bet flop and turn repping strong hand and to support my image. i go very laggy if table goes shorthanded and i pretty like it but 9 handed makes me questionable

any comments vryr apreciated

also i need advice about how much should i buy in in that games. what about if its HU?
i usually want to get the max but have a very limited BR (say, 2xmax BI)
Old 08-28-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Live NL200, how to get the max EV?

2 buy ins?

don't play
Old 08-28-2007, 04:16 AM

hey thats my way playing busto-robusto style
i would play anyway i just ask how much should i get if i have an edge is it better to have 8 buying for 50 or 2 for 200 with such variance
and i ask about style of play with excact opponents
Old 08-28-2007, 11:07 AM

up
Old 08-28-2007, 11:40 AM

Buy in full and value bet.. ?
Old 08-28-2007, 07:11 PM

I played alot of this 1-2$ live game, and i think i play very much like you. Tag agg on flop on certain opp i know it will
work against. Always buy inn full, and have a high vip with
SC, PP, and other potential monsters.
I call on the first hand and count carefully, and probly push to isolate on the second. I made alot of money that way. And most important always take opp to valuetown as they will call.