Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Entourage 4/15

[ QUOTE ]
You are all nits. Seriously, this isn't supposed to be a Sopranos calibre show in terms of acting, plot, character development, etc. I'll agree the acting (aside from Piven) is sub-par, but just appreciate this show for what it is, a badass on-going party. Who doesn't want to live vicariously through vince or go spend a weekend living like that? It's just a fun show, quit acting like it's the end of the world b/c they will never win an Emmy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually found the acting + gay subplot/jokes so awful taht I would deem the show unwatchable. These two concepts overrode any positives that the show might have had for me...basically whether it was funny or had a good plot was irrelevant in the face of the garbage presentation.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:37 AM

episode wasn't that great

sopranos ep was though
Old 04-18-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope Sloan stays in all these new episodes

[/ QUOTE ]

Sloan needs to Get the [censored] Out. Time to get rid of that bitch. I hate any scene with her.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:57 AM

she's ridic hot though... but I guess on entourage that's not such a big deal.

victor,

Sex in the city for men might be the most apt description I've heard for this show.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

victor,

Sex in the city for men might be the most apt description I've heard for this show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks--I said it first, and am proud of it and nitty enough to insist on credit.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

victor,

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks--I said it first, and am proud of it and nitty enough to insist on credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has been called Sex and the City for men since midway through its first season, maybe even before. So you are not that original.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:13 AM

No, but still more original than the guy who said it after me in this thread.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:00 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would hate to be some of you. I understand if you don't like something, but to be so nitty about some mindless entertainment must suck.

I will continue enjoying watching Entourage, eating dinner at Applebees and reading Dean Koontz novels while you nits spend your life finding fault in everything you experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of us are smart enough to enjoy something even if we find fault in it. It's called "thinking critically" and it's awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think an EdFurlong 'ur dumb' would have made your point more suicently.

Does your critic thinking improve your experience? I can only see it taking away. You're watching the show while cataloging it's faults. . .how enjoyable is that?

I'd rather turn off my judgment and just enjoy it for what it is.

BTW, I'm a big fan of critical thinking. It's great for evaluating all the information that we're bombarded with every day. It's certainly necessary for developing an informed world view. But to use it on mindless entertainment that you can do nothing to change is a waste, in my opinion. I don't think it's the virtue you seem to think it is.

I understand if people aren't capable of turning it off. My only point is that in my view, it would suck going through life finding fault in everything but the most exceptional experiences.

If you can still fully enjoy these experiences while engaging in your critical thinking, then more power to you. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to state that if I were doing the same, it would suck.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:09 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would hate to be some of you. I understand if you don't like something, but to be so nitty about some mindless entertainment must suck.

I will continue enjoying watching Entourage, eating dinner at Applebees and reading Dean Koontz novels while you nits spend your life finding fault in everything you experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that Entourage could and should be a lot better than it is. As a matter of fact, the first two seasons were much better than this season. Just because it's a fun show doesn't mean it has to suck. It doesn't mean the characters have to be tired one-note jokes. It doesn't absolve the writers of coming up with interesting plot lines (OMG! Will Vince go to Napa with E?! How exciting!!!).

Also, nice attempt to turn having absolutely no standards into a virtue. If not eating "food" microwaved by a crackhead while reading sub-Stephen King fiction makes me nitty, then guilty as charged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. You really put me in my place.

I know it's a ridiculous pet peeve, but I find this type of thinking is annoying. I've always felt sorry for people like you who look at common experiences that the vast majority of the public enjoy and categorize them as having absolutely no standards.

I'm certainly capable of enjoying exceptional experiences and differentiating them from common, everyday experiences. But, that doesn't make the more common experience 'without standards'.

My only point was that I think it would suck to go through life nit picking. I like going through life and just enjoying experiences for what they are. If it doesn't bother you, good for you.