Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: No I\'m not leaving Your HU table

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously what gives with everyone thinking that they can just have their own little personal heads up match with some fish at your 9max table. I'm sorry but just because you sat and some fish sat doesn't make him all yours. If anyone asks me to leave the table I will absolutely refuse. If you want to play HU there are some 5/10 tables that are HU only or you can got to Full Tilt or UB. Does anyone disagree with me on this? Should people be able to type in, "Hey leather it's HU" and expect me to leave? And if I don't I'm a jerk? I mean I am posing this question as if I am the only one who gets asked these things. I am speaking for everyone on this matter actually.

BTW if this is the wrong forum I'm sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]
my view, and the only sensible view IMO, is that you should always respect it when both people are asking and willing to sit out (although you shouldn't actually make them sit out, have some respect).

if it's a one sided request because someone wants a fish to themselves, tell them to f*** off.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am solely a live player and cannot understand the nittiness of everyone on the internet. If the seats are available people can sit down and play when they want.

It doesnt matter if a table has broken and two people playing hu have more than the max buyin. If its not a hu table other people have the right to play at the table as long as there are open seats and I do not think it is unethical. The people complaining about this are greddy and selfish.

Also, although annoying, shortstacking is not unethical either.

You guys make more money in a month than most do in a year. Quit crying about every little thing and play poker!

[/ QUOTE ]

because you can't just open up another table and jump into a bunch of different games live?
Old 08-21-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude everyone needs to stop it with the short stacking. let me tell you guys something that hopefully will help you understand my situation as well as make you realize that I am the opposite of a hit and run money scamming guy. First off I play appr.3% or less of my poker short stacking. It sure as hell isn't because I'm not any good at it or don't make a lot of money doing it. I actually make way more by short stacking big games than by playing $600 -$2k nl. I have a goal and everyone can LOL about it it doesn't bother me, of becoming one of the best players in the world. So the reason I play a ton of poker full stacked at mid/high limits is to become the best I can be and work my way up )hopefully) to becoming a winner at the nosebleeds. I sure as hell will never get there by short stacking. However, and I have blogged about it a bunch, I am trying to get Elite on Stars. I began with 0 VPP's on April 11th and now have over 500k and have an excellent chance of becoming Elite by year's end. I set out for this gaol on April 11th and have a mini follwing I guess you could say in my blog and I update my Status on it every time I blog. Now occasioanlly after like 5 million hours straight of playing I just need a little mental break and I short stack and listen to some tunes. It gives me a little break when i am meantally fired from REAL POKER (thought you guys would like that one) and still allows me to get a bunch of VPP's.

So no I am not a "shortstacker" Quite the opposite in fact. How many of you guys would give up extra monay to improve your game? How many of you guys would sacrafice putting your feet up, listening to tunes, playing an easy strategy and making more money just to reach a goal of becoming the best?

[/ QUOTE ]
Breathe. I respect your goal to be the next Townsend, you short-stacking bitch.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWF the only problem I have with this is that no game ever breaks if there is a fish. So what must've happened is that the player sat and then a fish came along. I assume this is the reason he sat in the first place was in hoped of this happening. So why in the hell doesn't this person just go to FTP or Ub where heads up play is offered if he is so intent on finding a fish and getting him HU? Why should he get to take a full ring table and call it his own?

[/ QUOTE ]

This forum is sooo predictable..lol. It's just hilarious. You know you made an excellent and logical point when no one responds to your post.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:36 AM

btw you're doing a great job of representing stoxpoker. You sure make me think highly of the site.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw you're doing a great job of representing stoxpoker. You sure make me think highly of the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg lol
Old 08-22-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWF the only problem I have with this is that no game ever breaks if there is a fish. So what must've happened is that the player sat and then a fish came along. I assume this is the reason he sat in the first place was in hoped of this happening. So why in the hell doesn't this person just go to FTP or Ub where heads up play is offered if he is so intent on finding a fish and getting him HU? Why should he get to take a full ring table and call it his own?

[/ QUOTE ]

This forum is sooo predictable..lol. It's just hilarious. You know you made an excellent and logical point when no one responds to your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, just saw this and lol @ you thinking this is some knockdown argument. you ever think that maybe he sits at all 3 and stars is one of the sites at which he gets a fish to play him HU? it's not like fish multi-site.

also, a lot of players only have money on stars and not FTP or UB (look at every "have money on Stars, looking for swap"/"never play on UB ever, they're so ahady" post) so it's not like "hey, that's what you get for playing on Stars instead of these sites, you've agreed to play at a non-HU site

also (in a similar vein), it's not like fish multi-site. on some days, there are only fish at a certain level (such as 25/50) on one site so you can't blame the reg for playing on Stars and not UB/FTP.

Finally, the whole "why should he get to take a full ring table and call it his own?" point is so stupid: there are MANY other full ring tables available. it's not as if by staking claim to one table as HU he's somehow imposing on others who wish to play: there are other tables they could play at or try to get a game going at.

all this boils down to this: if both players want to play HU, respect their request. don't tell the fish and some competent player "too bad, play somewhere else" as that's clearly an unfair burden to place on both of them while they're not costing you anything if they're not going to play anyway when you sit down and disrupt their game.

but yeah, congrats on your post: must have been excellent and logical because nobody responded to it. there can't possibly be any other explanation for why nobody bothered responding to your specious and self-serving post.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:17 AM

I think it's more of a hassle than it's worth to try and play a fish HU at a 6max/FR table anyways. Every 30 seconds you have to tell people "HU PLZ" in the chat and sometimes you get a couple people who sit down at the table at the same time and it becomes a whole big mess. Not to mention a lot of people will not respect your requests anyways.

I agree though with those who say that you should only leave if both players want HU.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL you [censored] liar. I see you shortstacking at least 80% of the time. Before about 2 weeks ago, it was 100%

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-22-2007, 08:22 AM

leather, you come off as a self-righteous d-bag sometimes.