Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2007, 10:05 PM

Default NL1: KK vs Nit

This guy seems pretty nitty. He's been about 11/11/5 after ~100 hands. Very small sample but that's all I got. He saw me 3 bet/call push with KK against AA 4 hands eariler.

My biggest question is whether or not calling here is ok. I'm not folding b/c I have been running about 33/26 and been stealing a lot. I felt like pushing allows him to fold QQ/AK fairly easily.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($54.60)
CO ($112.70)
Button ($180.75)
Hero ($130.20)
BB ($21.70)
UTG ($128.05)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $38</font>, Hero calls $26.

Flop: ($77) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $142.75 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $219.75 <font color="white"> </font>

Now thoughts about this? He instapushed btw.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:08 PM

Default Re: NL1: KK vs Nit

Shove preflop. He's not *that* nitty, so AK is a huge part of his range.

Flop is an easy fold.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:10 PM

Push preflop. As played fine.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:20 PM

Am I the only person who NEVER shoves pre-flop in these spots. Come on guys when a total nit 4 bets you pre WTF do you think he has? I am pretty certain that I have never been 4 bet against this type of player and not been shown AA or KK; and as we have KK ourself you do the math.

Not saying I ever fold pre in these cases as I am alergic to folding KK pre and have never done so, but I am doing all I can to save some chips before my fears are confirmed.

I am talking abnout when the 4 bet is a small raise rather than a shove BTW.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:33 PM

im not usually shoving here either. as an aside, whats everyones general play when someone 3bets you and you're holding AA/KK? Calling to try and get it on on the flop or 4betting pre?
Old 01-12-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only person who NEVER shoves pre-flop in these spots. Come on guys when a total nit 4 bets you pre WTF do you think he has? I am pretty certain that I have never been 4 bet against this type of player and not been shown AA or KK; and as we have KK ourself you do the math.

Not saying I ever fold pre in these cases as I am alergic to folding KK pre and have never done so, but I am doing all I can to save some chips before my fears are confirmed.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you call in these spots for set value, along with getting no more money out of AK unless you are beat or the case K comes? Maybe I am misunderstanding.

Seems to me this is a push or fold spot unless you are slowplaying and looking to trap him on the flop, which I think was OP's plan until the flop refused to cooperate.

To OP...I shove pf/fold flop as played.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you call in these spots for set value, along with getting no more money out of AK unless you are beat or the case K comes? Maybe I am misunderstanding.

Seems to me this is a push or fold spot unless you are slowplaying and looking to trap him on the flop, which I think was OP's plan until the flop refused to cooperate.

To OP...I shove pf/fold flop as played.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not saying I play them well in these spots in a purely EV sense. It is more like "I know you have aces but I have KK and cannot fold them pre-flop or I will get laughed off the forums!"

I have folded them on the flop before on non ace flops but often just try and show them down without my whole stack being in. Then once I have 75% of my stack missing by showdown and I get shown AA it is "yep knew you had that but am too stubborn to get away from my obvious 2nd best hand".

Not good poker by any stretch but a $ saved is a $ earnt. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2007, 10:56 PM

nh, i play it the same