FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: OP's Buddy is a
Wimp 37 36.27%
Moran 40 39.22%
Jerk 25 24.51%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Official NBA Season Thread

Speaking of Grant Hill, he looked really good last night...
Old 11-16-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bobbo,

Yeah, I have no idea why they try and have Barbosa run plays. Just stick him in the corner and have him do that baseline cut or shoot threes. He's one of the best in the league at those two things.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed, he's a premier slasher. Just not a good play creator though. he's young enough though that he may improve to "decent" in this area.

[ QUOTE ]

The Bulls better change something or shoot lights out every night. Do they have somebody injured I forgot about? The ball never gets in the paint on any possesion. And no leadership on either end of the floor. I don't know why I picked them to make the ECF.

[/ QUOTE ]
meh, they started slow last year. i think people overrated their team in the preseason and ignored the obvious faults: young talent does not equal current production, alot of good outside shooting is wasted with no big man down below freeing the shooters, and team defense does not mean they can shut down individuals well. dunno if you watched the post game tnt crew, but barkely IS right; they need to trade someone to go forward, bc heinrich/deng/gordon are just too similar.
[ QUOTE ]

Suns are looking better with every game. Especially Grant Hill.

[/ QUOTE ]
agree fully, he looked awful early and now looks very solid.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So he can blow by the defenders but he doesn't have great court vision and tends to make a ton of mistakes, generally as a consequence of playing out of control. Those things do not a great point guard make. Now Nash : backup PG :: Michael Jordan : Pete Myers, but there's better solutions than Barbosa, most specifically Diaw but also maybe Grant Hill. No reason Boris or Hill can't run the offense when Nash is out. There are inspired stretches of play when Nash isn't in, but all too often they look out of sorts and I find myself looking at the clock and saying "all right, there's 8 minutes left in the period, that's plenty of rest". This is no doubt a huge area of concern for the coaching staff, should Nash get injured or head-butted again at some point in the regular season or playoffs. Because while Nash is the straw that stirs the drink, there is still plenty of talent around him and in his absence they shouldn't look like a pickup game at the Special Olympics.

[/ QUOTE ]
perhaps Jack of Archades can chime in, because he normally knows this stuff to a tee, but from a spectator perspective it seemed the suns w/o nash were down in point differential and then with him on the court like +20 vs bulls.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:37 PM

A lot of that is because the Suns are used to Nash. I'm among those who don't think their team will be massively worse in the post-Nash era - as noted above, Diaw is actually a very good option for intiating an offense. The problem is that any post-Nash era has to result in a very different style of play for Phoenix. Nash and Kidd are in their own league as PGs who can push tempo almost regardless of what the defense feels like doing.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So he can blow by the defenders but he doesn't have great court vision and tends to make a ton of mistakes, generally as a consequence of playing out of control. Those things do not a great point guard make. Now Nash : backup PG :: Michael Jordan : Pete Myers, but there's better solutions than Barbosa, most specifically Diaw but also maybe Grant Hill. No reason Boris or Hill can't run the offense when Nash is out. There are inspired stretches of play when Nash isn't in, but all too often they look out of sorts and I find myself looking at the clock and saying "all right, there's 8 minutes left in the period, that's plenty of rest". This is no doubt a huge area of concern for the coaching staff, should Nash get injured or head-butted again at some point in the regular season or playoffs. Because while Nash is the straw that stirs the drink, there is still plenty of talent around him and in his absence they shouldn't look like a pickup game at the Special Olympics.

[/ QUOTE ]
perhaps Jack of Archades can chime in, because he normally knows this stuff to a tee, but from a spectator perspective it seemed the suns w/o nash were down in point differential and then with him on the court like +20 vs bulls.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

I'm really hoping Jack of Arcades sees this, checks the NBA.com boxscore, and then reports to us that Nash had a point differential of +12 in last nights game.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:21 PM

tuq,

Bah. The games were 2 weeks apart and I got it wrong. Still lost 2 out of 3. Enjoy the 25th pick this year. I hope Jamont Jordan or DJ White adds a lot to your team.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

I'm really hoping Jack of Arcades sees this, checks the NBA.com boxscore, and then reports to us that Nash had a point differential of +12 in last nights game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I've already posted that NBA has this stuff in the box score already. So without Nash (for 13 minutes) they were roughly an even team.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:24 PM

That is a sweet funk jam on the NBA League Pass. I feel like Shaft. 7 min til Miami comes to town. Couple of good ESPN games, hear T-mac is out though.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:33 PM

Okay, Celtics just ran out on the court for layups, looks like no mass food poisoning, so gg, probably watch the rookie game Sonics v Hawks. opps d wade is back, heh.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, Celtics just ran out on the court for layups, looks like no mass food poisoning, so gg, probably watch the rookie game Sonics v Hawks. opps d wade is back, heh.

[/ QUOTE ]

god i hate the celtics announcers , i wish they would have aired the miami feed of the game instead on league pass..