Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-19-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Every street debatable

Villain is a 50/22/2.3 LAG after a small sample. No reads on his postflop game.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4.6SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.3BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6.3BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Every street debatable

Not sure about the flop, I'll often peel and evaluate. Bet-calling seems wrong to me, I assume you're betting because a LAG would put in more action with a draw thus his hand range is weighted more towards ace high / underpair hands. I'd just check-call.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:13 PM

i think it's fine, but as an alternative you can consider testing his bluffing habits by c/c'ing all streets.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:16 PM

these are tough common hands, i like c/c'ing all streets if the board seems weak, if he checks behind the turn i fire river obviously for value from ace high. We lose a 1.5BB that way though as opposed to how you played it. I like c/r'ing the flop if the texture is more like K62 rainbow or something, this is a tough board to do it on.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:19 PM

I´d play it the same - river call is for meta. That would be my excuse [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
I think he´s never bluffing in this spot after the 7 paired, but i still call to make him believe i´m a SD monkey.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:23 PM

What lag with a 2.3 ag. waits to the river to raise with a K or 7?
Old 11-19-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
these are tough common hands, i like c/c'ing all streets if the board seems weak, if he checks behind the turn i fire river obviously for value from ace high. We lose a 1.5BB that way though as opposed to how you played it. I like c/r'ing the flop if the texture is more like K62 rainbow or something, this is a tough board to do it on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually c/c all the way too against LAGs, mostly because I don't know any better.

What are the argumens for putting in a CR on the flop? Seems like our equity edge here is really thin. I guess it has something to do with how often he will fire the turn. If he checks behind Ax, QT etc then CR looks much better. But if he two barrel those hands I prefer the passive line.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:31 PM

Your edge on this flop is minimal and there are a lot of turn cards that would make you an underdog. There doesn't seem to be much point to committing yourself by checkraising. I would just call and reassess on the turn.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your edge on this flop is minimal and there are a lot of turn cards that would make you an underdog. There doesn't seem to be much point to committing yourself by checkraising. I would just call and reassess on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, as mentioned b4 i like this on much drier boards, or flops where less overs can come

example: we have 910 here and flop comes 39K rainbow, if he is a showdown monkey c/r'ing is fine here and firing for value as opposed to the board in this hand, raising 3rd pair doesnt have a huge edge and its tough to play when scares hit the board
Old 11-19-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would just call and reassess on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

On this particular turn 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], u do what after calling the flop? Pl explain some. I found these spot so difficult.